No ride to surgery orhome. Need ideas

diane48
on 10/25/15 10:37 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

Call your surgeon's office and ask if the hospital has a social services department. A lot of times this is what they do to help patients and family. They sometimes have a list of motels that have discounts in the area. They may even have more ideas about transport for you. Hope this helps some. There has been a lot of good ideas!

NikkyBeauty
on 10/25/15 11:36 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

My insurance offers medical transportation services to dr appointments,procedures etc... I was able to use them when I had my endoscopy done I didn't have anyone to pick me up and had to have someone drive me home it came in handy, so check and see if your insurance offers transportation services! And if all else fails you have uber or lyft! Safer and cheaper than a taxi, just plan it out!

I mean if I would have had to pay 150.00 for a cab or uber to get my butt to surgery that's just what I would had to do if I had no other options!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/26/15 4:02 am

In my town (SC) they don't operate if you don't have someone in the hospital when they do. They require someone (famlly, or friend ) to be at the hospital while they do the procedure. Make sure you don't need that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/26/15 6:25 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Your doctor's office may have refer to service that offers discounts - but $300 RT maybe it.

Sharon

nakitah1
on 10/26/15 6:39 am

Thanks for all the great feedback!! I am prepared to pay the cab fees if necessary but wanted to check all other options. You don't know what you don't know and the only way to find out is to ask. As usual, this community is quick to help with great suggestions :)

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/26/15 4:12 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Uber.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/15 5:51 am

I wouldn' treally worry about it because the hospital wont let you stay there forever - thats why they offer free rides home through social services . You can getthere through public transportation . Good luck (((()))