Learning to LOVE the thrift store!

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 10/18/15 6:31 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Well, here is something I'm right in the middle of like the rest of the people in the norther part of the usa. I needed to get some dress clothes for work and now they are getting to big as well. I am tall so trying to find 2xlt now possibly 1xlt. From the 4xlt size. I just bought a new suit, was a 60 Xtra long now 46 Xtra long. Crazy!! So wish me luck on trying to find some decent workout clothes. Riding the bike outside in shorts isn't going to work.

So good luck on your search for clothes that kinda fits.

Eric

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

The Salty Hag
on 10/18/15 9:45 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Goodwill was my bestest friend during my weight loss phase. It was trippy, but cool as hell, to buy jeans in different, and smaller, sizes at the time because I knew I'd shrink out of them quickly.

I've been the same size for about a year now...and I will STILL shop at consignment stores, Goodwill, and the like. I'm a born shopper and love finding treasures for cheap.

I LOVE that I can find pricy jeans for a lot less...and they're already broken in.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/15 2:12 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I live by Goodwill now! The only problem is that I'm finally starting to level out in sizes, and now that I want some "new" clothes for my wardrobe, I'm finding that I don't want to buy anything I like because my opinion of what clothes should cost has been totally reset by thrift stores. I'll see pants on clearance and actually think, "pssh, I'm not spending $12 on a pair of pants!"

stacy T.
on 10/19/15 5:54 pm - San Francisco, CA

I am 15 years out and never went back to regular retail. I love my vintage and thrift finds.

A good estimate is when you are in the big sizes (18 and up) 20 lbs will be about a size change.

One you get below an 18 you will see a size change every 10 lbs.

Until you get to small sizes. Below a 6 it is only 5 lbs or so.

Depends on your build of course, but I think these are good guide lines on what to expect.