Introduction! New to this Journey

Plussizeandshrinking
on 10/13/15 9:24 am - Stafford, VA

Hi! I am beginning the research process for weight loss surgery. I am 34 yr old and currently 272ish at 5' with a BMI of 53.1%. I have struggled with my weight all my life. But last yr I had my son and my whole world changed. I had been losing weight and exercising before him and continued after him. I have got as low as 261,without gaining weight throughout my pregnancy and cant seem to get lower. I have CHF and will be speaking with my cardiologist about this procedure but I am here to learn. For the past few months I have been working out and tracking my food consistently so I have already started the lifestyle change. To me this is just another tool to get me to my goal. I have contacted my insurance and all procedures for weight loss are covered with a small deductible. Also I have to be on a weight loss diet for 6 months with a BMI of 40 or 35 with weight related health conditions. I am here to learn,cheer others on and have another outlet to share this journeyHi! I am beginning the research process for weight loss surgery. I am 34 yr old and currently 272ish at 5' with a BMI of 53.1%. I have struggled with my weight all my life. But last yr I had my son and my whole world changed. I had been losing weight and exercising before him and continued after him. I have got as low as 261,without gaining weight throughout my pregnancy and cant seem to get lower. I have CHF and will be speaking with my cardiologist about this procedure but I am here to learn. For the past few months I have been working out and tracking my food consistently so I have already started the lifestyle change. To me this is just another tool to get me to my goal. I have contacted my insurance and all procedures for weight loss are covered with a small deductible. Also I have to be on a weight loss diet for 6 months with a BMI of 40 or 35 with weight related health conditions. I am here to learn,cheer others on and have another outlet to share this journey

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/15 11:43 am

Welcome, you will find there is lots to learn and lots of support here. Have you found a surgeon yet or do you need the cardiologists approval first? I wish you all good luck in getting approval for surgery, your pre surgery diet and your choice of surgery. There is a lot that will be happening during those 6 months as you learn about life after WLS and take care of your new son. Congratulations of continuing to try and get in shape and lose weight during and after pregnancy. Sounds like you are thinking about the right moves to make this happen and succeed with a new tool.

Tracy D.
on 10/13/15 12:34 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome! You sound super-motivated and I'm glad to hear about the lifestyle changes you've already made. Best of luck to you on this amazing journey

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15