Friends, coworkers and family don't approve of my plan for WLS

gram247
on 10/20/15 6:46 am

It is your body & your life. You have the support of your spouse. That matters a lot.

Only you can decide what you need to do to get healthy! Tell everyone else to butt out, & that you refuse to accept anything negative.

If you have to get rude about it, then so what. Your true friends will realize that you are helping yourself.

As I put on my Facebook page, these are MY OPINIONS, IF YOURS DIFFER WRITE ON YOUR OWN PAGE.

If people are rude enough to poke their noses into your business, they deserve a rude response. Eventually they will get the message!

Weight loss is hard enough with everyone's negative comments.

Good luck.

Chilipepper
on 10/21/15 5:43 am

They don't live in your skin. Share your journey with those who are supportive and just say to those who are not that you appreciate their concern and feedback but you don't feel the need to continue the discussion with them. You are an adult and are making a decision to better your health and life.

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

sumaire
on 10/23/15 11:12 pm

My daughter, who is so very against my plans is also at least (if not more) obese than I am, and would benefit from Roux en Y surgery. I'm hoping that she'll see how well I do and decide that maybe she'll do the same thing for herself. I know that my doctor takes the insurance she has. (He's also told me that a tummy tuck after I drop the weight would only run me about $6k, which is a figure I can live with)

The women in our family seem to be genetically predisposed to being wide bodied aircraft, and it's time that at least one (if not two) of us decide that being an ultralight might be in our futures.

Roux en Y on 10/27/2016

HW 300 SW 284 CW 158 (4-26-2018)