Getting creeped out by my own body

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/15 3:19 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Thanks Tracy, I sure hope so! I'm already saving for plastics but plan to hold off until I can maintain for 12-18 months.

auntmimi
on 9/29/15 1:05 pm

YEP. I went thru that. I remember I thought something was wrong with my ribs. I had never felt them before and when I would lay on my back they were very pronounced. LOL. You will get use to it and enjoy it! I still have problems with my body image. I am 18plus months out yet I still see the "fat" me. 

klv2355
on 9/29/15 3:46 pm
VSG on 12/01/14

Yes, it's very weird. I like it, but I do see somethings I'm not used to.

I am doing this!!! Getting to my goal! 

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 9/30/15 2:16 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Once I reached back to scratch my back and felt my spine and my first reactions (incorrect) was that I had a tumor.  Give it some time - like a few years - to get accustomed to everything.

Sharon

Ladytazz
on 10/1/15 9:58 pm

Funny you should mention this.  The other night I was pissed off at rib cage.  I just hate the way it feels, almost like there is no skin covering them.

I was actually thinking of gaining weight because I miss having (a little) padding.

And my back is too bony, too.  I found a shirt I really like that has cut outs in the back and I won't wear it because of how bony my back looks.

And don't even get me started on my face. I feel like I look older than I am because it is so gaunt looking.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/15 12:21 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I understand completely about the rib cage...after a lifetime of not being able to feel mine, bras feel a lot more uncomfortable lately!

VintageWine
on 10/3/15 11:02 pm

Finally someone has put it into words. Lol. I totally get you on this. It's the strangest thing to suddenly have bones that protrude and all that. It's weird to be able to see my collarbone and feel my hipbones. The craziest thing is when you notice your face getting thinner and thinner. It feels weird to look in the mirror some days. Not in a negative way. It just takes some getting used to. Before I had my surgery, a lot of people warned me that the changes might feel kind of strange but I don't think anything could have prepared me for the actual experience.