Getting creeped out by my own body

zann50
on 9/28/15 1:24 pm

Speaking of veins, I just had an output procedure this week and it was the first time in many years the nurse commented that I would be such an 'easy stick'...they are actually visable now. NSV for sure!

Zann

VGS- 2015

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 9/28/15 2:05 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Yes it feels weird to lose my "padding". I can see my collar bones & find myself touching them cuz I can't believe how it shows all the time now. Then there are the times when I sleep on my side & can feel the bones on the inside of my knee touching each other & often I have to stretch 1 leg out to rest on the meaty part of my leg, then there's the feeling of my ass bone/end of leg bone whenever I sit on a hard seat like on the train, it's like where's my padding? Weird for sure!

Seeing veins in my hands, yep, weird too, so many weird things that are my new normal now.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

poplargreys
on 9/28/15 7:35 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

I still have very heavy tree trunk legs, but I have to do the same thing when I sleep, even with the padding that I still have I feel my bones and it's not comfortable. So strange...

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/15 2:44 pm

I have found bones I had no idea I had. I look at myself a lot. I know that sounds weird but I just look in amazement sometimes. 

HKT53
on 9/28/15 3:09 pm - Toronto, Canada

Does anybody get creeped out over their face structure? I am with all of you on the collar bone, hip bones jutting out and the back of my hands. (too bad I am built like a Christmas tree and my legs always heavier than normal people) But my family and friends are even getting creeped out over my face. High cheekbones and long narrow face, nose seems bigger but my eyes look as if they are bugged out. When we are at a family function and everybody eating, they seem to think I am staring at them. I dont mean to and I make an effort to look in all kinds of directions, laugh and make conversation but even I don't like the reflection in the mirror. Hopefully in time I will even out all over but for now, Im thinking of hanging upside down like a bat and hope gravity will make my face fuller and my legs thinner.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

peachpie
on 9/28/15 5:33 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

My sister had jokingly said I need to keep an emergency needle full of botox to self inject in my face before pics. Scary to think I'm already looking gaunt and am still 80# away from my goal

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/15 8:35 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Yes! My entire head has changed shape. On one hand I'm glad, because I'm sure losing face fat is how I was able to resolve my sleep apnea, but on the other hand, I don't even recognize myself in pictures anymore! I also notice I'm looking more like my mom every day.

cher22
on 9/28/15 4:19 pm - Oak Park, IL

I am over 10 years post op and yes the first year as i lost weight i had the same issues ! 

This is a LOL one for you ! I always wear my sunglasses on my head as well as my reading glasses WELL I was about 9 months post  op laying in bed and as i scratched the top of my head I felt a Big indent ! I panicked and Thought what have i done to myself ?!?!? I had this gastric bypass and Now my head is caving in !!  I never thought that i would loos weight in my head !! Well as time went on the indent in my head got better and as for my collar bones ! Hip Bones I grew to except them and embrace them !   Now being 10 years out and have gained about 30lbs back I long to see my frame again ugh 

I will have the apollo surgery end of Oct to get me back on track 

peachpie
on 9/28/15 5:29 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Looking at the back of my hands weirds me out...i see all the veins, bone lines, etc. They look like hands off some one much older.

I like seeing my collar bones and feeling my hip bones. I don't like laying in my side and feeling the bones in my knees press against each other.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

iloveravens
on 9/28/15 5:53 pm
RNY on 08/13/14

Yes, the bony knees are the worst.  I now have to sleep with a pillow between them.  It's taking a long time to adjust to that.

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)