Craving something sweet

mute
on 9/22/15 6:01 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I've been craving sweet things lately...any suggestions? What I've been able to find just hasn't met what I'm looking for. 

I'm not a fan of homemade protein shakes anymore, no matter what kind of powder I use I can't handle the taste. I'm looking for something with low carbs. I tried posicles and that didn't work. 

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

The Salty Hag
on 9/22/15 6:12 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Sugar free pudding with homemade sugar free ( made with sugar subs ) whipped cream on top

Half of a protein bar-I buy ones from a company called ANSI, they have chocolate chip cheesecake protein bars. I get them at Ye Olde Vitamin Shoppe.  They're dangerously good. 

Sugar free hot chocolate or cocoa

Banana cream Greek Yogurt with some PB 2 added in ( I sweeten my pb2 with erithrytol because I like it sweet. ) 

a sugr free, low carb version of "brownie in a mug" ( if you have any nut flours handy, they can be pricey though...I always have almond flour and coconut flour on hand )

It just depends on how much effort you feel like putting into it...I'm a baker, so I'll go to great lengths if I feel the need..lol. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

ladygodiva1228
on 9/22/15 6:12 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Check out egg face Shelly has so many wonderful different sweet things. 

I was craving something sweet the other day and remembered seeing on the blog about Quest bar cookies.  I have a few different kinds so I tried the brownie type one I had and OMG out of the oven I felt like I was eating a real brownie.  Heck even my husband likes the protein bar cookies. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Eggface
on 9/22/15 6:15 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Aww thanks for the shout out and I am glad they were enjoyed :)

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

mute
on 9/22/15 6:30 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Not even joking we cook almost solely from your website because the recipes from the cookbooks I bought made me sick - not the ones on your site plus both my husband and I can enjoy your recipes!

mute
on 9/22/15 6:26 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Eggface is my favorite place and the one consistent place that I like the recipes! I saw those cookies but I was worried that they would have too many carbs. I haven't had any bars because of carbs, but maybe I should look at the content info before I decide lol...

Eggface
on 9/22/15 8:50 am - Sunny Southern, CA

:) Thanks for the kind words.

Divide the bar stats by 8 (how many cookies 1 bar makes) I am very satisfied with 2 of the 8 cookies at my stage as a portion. 

Other Peanut Butter options... http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/11/post- weight-loss-surgery-menus-day-in_30.html Pancakes or maybe Muffins http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/11/natio nal-peanut-butter-lovers-month.html 

birdiegirl
on 9/22/15 6:22 am

I also find eating something tart or sour cures my sweet tooth.  A pickle or a few pickled beets really help my cravings

Eggface
on 9/22/15 8:52 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Now if she craved pickles and peanut butter at the same time ;) LOL I'd be hitting CVS 

murphyjo
on 9/22/15 10:03 am

i found frozen greek yogurt that tastes amazing, and the 1/2 cup serving is perfect.  Also Dairy Queen Fudge Bars are amazing!!  feel like I am cheating:)