1 week

amandaG29
on 9/21/15 4:36 pm

So I had my RNY last Tuesday and I'm struggling to really grasp the size of my new stomach. I feel like I can eat more than I should physically be able to. For the first few days I doubted they even did the surgery! Ha! I'm still in the liquid post op phase and I'm struggling to get the protein shakes down... like barely making 30 grams a day when they said 60...I can't stand them anymore... any advice or encouragement is welcome...

hollykim
on 9/21/15 8:30 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 21, 2015 at 4:36 PM Pacific Time, amandaG29 wrote:

So I had my RNY last Tuesday and I'm struggling to really grasp the size of my new stomach. I feel like I can eat more than I should physically be able to. For the first few days I doubted they even did the surgery! Ha! I'm still in the liquid post op phase and I'm struggling to get the protein shakes down... like barely making 30 grams a day when they said 60...I can't stand them anymore... any advice or encouragement is welcome...

drink the shakes anyway,think about them like medicine.

Doingrightin2015
on 9/22/15 2:30 am
RNY on 03/10/15

It gets easier. The nerves have been cut, so you can't feel how full you are to start. The further out the quicker I could tell  I was full. That is why when you start eating food you have to eat the amount the tell you and then stop! Taste changes in the beginning making things taste blah. I am here to tell you that your taste of things returns. Try diff shakes. If you can have full liquids I recommend the Premier shakes. I love them...30 grams of protein per 11 oz shake. You can get 2 of these in a day and have your 60 grams.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170