How much weight did yall lose during the 6 month pre-op diet phase?

hl1524
on 9/21/15 5:06 pm - Austin, TX

Didn't  lose any - think I ended up gaining 20lbs. I wasn't required to lose any it was just another hoop to jump through. 

On on the pre-op diet I lost 15 of those pounds.  

RNY 8/27/2014

poplargreys
on 9/21/15 6:31 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

I lost from my highest recorded weight of 312 down to 269 on my own in about 6 months, then started gradually regaining and was back up to 286 by the time I finished my insurance approval process. I weighed 276 the morning I had surgery, so I did lose a fair bit during my 2 weeks of pre-op diet, but I tracked a steady gain of 2-3lbs per month during my supervised diet because even with making healthier food choices, I ate whatever portion size I wanted, and as often as I wanted!

hlwillingham
on 9/22/15 8:04 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 02/15/16

Thanks for your input yall.  I was just asking out of pure curiosity.  My doctor hasn't required a certain amount of weight-loss pre-op, and since I have individual health insurance (apparently there are no individual health insurance plans in South Carolina that will cover WLS) I will be financing my surgery and so there is no requirement there either.  

I just went in for my second monthly weigh in last week and have lost 28 pounds so far.  And I think I'm pretty happy with my progress so far.  As long as I am losing and not gaining, I am happy.

Jesm1029
on 3/15/16 1:53 pm

i gained weight during my 6 month 1lb and now im too concerned if they are going deny me