Here's your B*TCHFest. Let's do this!

Gwen M.
on 9/23/15 12:37 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I had a horrible dream last night. It involved my abuser and him professing his love for me and ME BELIEVING HIM.  Ugh. I woke up feeling ill and unsettled and angry and all screwed up. It was a super vivid and realistic feeling dream. 

I ended up skipping Pilates, going to yoga and feeling miserable, so skipping meditation and personal training too and coming home to sleep. I feel better now, but it's been a **** day. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

roxytrim
on 9/23/15 2:28 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

...well at least you didn't skip yoga & skip on over to Dairy Queen....might just be a *****y NSV 

Neesie57
on 9/23/15 3:01 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

My best friend just doesn't "get it" when it comes to my surgery and what I can eat.  I'm still in the soft food stage, but she is alway offering me food that she is eating.  Last night, at our open mic night, people brought in treats for a friend's birthday, in fact I made my favorite dessert for the birthday boy.  My BF actually was aghast that I wasn't going to eat any of that dessert.  I'm so tired of telling her, "no, I can't have any of that." She always seems so surprised when I say no.  Then says, "oh I wish I had your discipline." It's not discipline, it's just fact.  Cheating is no longer in my vocabulary!

Please BF, JUST STOP!

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

RNY0615
on 9/23/15 4:42 pm

Amen!  This is my mom!  I don't see her too often, so I bru**** off,  but it's getting old!  "Surely you can have it just this once!"  UGH 

hollykim
on 9/23/15 5:10 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 23, 2015 at 3:01 PM Pacific Time, Neesie57 wrote:

My best friend just doesn't "get it" when it comes to my surgery and what I can eat.  I'm still in the soft food stage, but she is alway offering me food that she is eating.  Last night, at our open mic night, people brought in treats for a friend's birthday, in fact I made my favorite dessert for the birthday boy.  My BF actually was aghast that I wasn't going to eat any of that dessert.  I'm so tired of telling her, "no, I can't have any of that." She always seems so surprised when I say no.  Then says, "oh I wish I had your discipline." It's not discipline, it's just fact.  Cheating is no longer in my vocabulary!

Please BF, JUST STOP!

try changing your vocabulary from " I can't have that " to " I don't care for any,thank you" etc. you certainly CAN have anything but you are certainly CHOOSING not to have any. Big difference.

Neesie57
on 9/23/15 6:33 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

True, I do need to change my language.  I just need to say, "not yet", so she can understand.  The problem is that she has never stuck to a diet EVER.  She isn't all that overweight, but has never tried to lose any either.  In fast, she joined WW a few years ago and didn't even make it ONE DAY.  She can't believe I haven't put one bite in my mouth that I shouldn't have.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/15 4:30 am

Someone told me to say instead of I can't eat that. They told me to say I don't eat that. When you say don't it seems to be more a more firm statement. 

mamapendley
on 9/23/15 3:53 pm

I am sick and fing tired of living in fear. My son of a ***** abusive ex husband decided to violate his restraining order on Saturday just to show me that he will show up whenever he damn well pleases. So I guess he'll get his because that's a felony and I have witnesses. Also I love fall but allergies suck. And if anyone else asks me for money I am going to scream. Stop it. I am a nice person but I will no longer be taken advantage of. Everyone from friends to family is cut off. Get a job and learn to budget. Ugggh. Ok that's it

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 9/24/15 1:01 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Not sure your personal beliefs on it but maybe you should use your second amendment rights with this one. 

mamapendley
on 9/24/15 3:31 pm

Yes,  in fact I was assured that had he crossed the threshold of my house I would have been more than within my rights on that one. To be perfectly honest I wasn't yet prepared in that respect, but make no mistake about it- I am now