Sleeve to bypass

bwhit13
on 9/24/15 8:44 pm

I should state the corrections on the Dae it was June 2014. Some how as my Dr stated it my intestines are like hard pvc pipe and so they are not abosorbing any nutrients from food. They put in a feeding tube hope the intestines could get a rest and then would go back to normal. This is not the case. They are now thinking it may be chrons and he stated the by pass would avoid food in that part of the stomach. I went to a new dr today and he agreed with the procedure. 

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/25/15 8:44 pm

Wow - this makes even less sense. If what you are saying is anywhere near correct, then the bypass is only going to make things much worse. I suspect you have a surgeon that did a bad sleeve (or maybe not the sleeve at all, based on your "dumping") and is going to do something else to erase the evidence. 

Whatever the issue, whether he did a bad sleeve, or is the most misinformed surgeon in the universe to suggest cutting off your pyloric valve and bypasssing intestines to solve these problems (they will be far worse, I assure you) you need a new surgeon.

Mary Gee
on 9/23/15 1:17 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Surgery two years ago, and you joined OH yesterday with this post.

Get a second opinion.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

bwhit13
on 9/26/15 3:53 pm

It was actually 2014 typed wrong date

TexasTerritory
on 9/24/15 5:09 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Are you for real?