Looking for inspiration: Anyone lose more in months 6-12 than in the first 6 months post op?

Patrice
(PatriceMarieV1 on...

on 9/22/15 1:21 pm
RNY on 03/11/15

I have done “ok” my first 6 months. I have lost over half my excess weight and technically am a “success” so far. However, I could be doing better.

I know which areas I need to improve, but I have those nagging voices in my head telling me that it is going to be even harder now that I am over 6 months out. I could use some inspiration to help shut those voices up. Has anyone done better their second 6 months than their first 6 months? What kicked things into gear for you?

crystal M.
on 9/22/15 2:00 pm - Joliet, IL

Actually I did better after my first year than I did in my first 12 months.  I lost more weight in my 2nd and 3rd year than I did in any other time period.  I think I might be an exception to the rule but hey it worked out for me.  I lost nearly 200lbs and I have kept it off.  I am now 6.5 years post op and doing great. 

To be honest I started to go to the gym with a group of friends and worked out hard.  The weight melted off me (the first month I lost 17lbs).  I found any time I want to lose some extra weight I just kick my workout into high gear and it comes off. 

I say it's never to late...sure there is a honeymoon period but you can always use that tool that was given to you and lose that weight. 

Patrice
(PatriceMarieV1 on...

on 9/22/15 2:31 pm
RNY on 03/11/15

Thanks so much for sharing!

NYMom222
on 9/22/15 7:48 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I think 87lbs in your first 6 months is great and you are being hard on yourself. I lost 25 pre-op, 90 in the first 6 months, and 50 in months 6-12. Month 13 I lost 2- and kinda freaked out, but this month - (my official weigh-in for the month is tomorrow,) I've lost 9, and hoping for 10. I also have over 200lbs to lose total.

Keeping following the rules, and doing what you have to do and it will happen.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save