First travel NSVs

mljohns
on 9/18/15 12:20 pm
DS on 01/27/15

Well I went on my first business trip since surgery. I had to travel to Vegas for 4 days. I didn't lose but I didn't gain either. I had a difficult time getting in all my protein and my water and vitamins. Just too busy. But had several NSVs anyway.....

NSVs:

• No extender seatbelt...this was always a case by case basis for me. Sometimes I would need one sometimes not. This time I had an extra 8-10 inches to go.
  • Tray table came down all the way.....with several inches to go. Yahoo!
  • No one gave me that....OMG I hope SHE doesn't sit next to me look
  • Was actually cold on the plane. Usually I'm a hot sweaty mess
  • No insulin pump or glucose monitor paraphernalia for this trip.
  • I was able to wear the same corporate outfit as my co-worker. Didn't have to wear something that kind of sort of looks like what we should wear.
  • Feet didn't hurt nearly as much as usual. Walked everywhere...well it is Vegas so you know that walking is a requirement.

Looking forward to my next trip in November.

MickeyDee
on 9/18/15 5:57 pm

Hey, seven NSV's are a VBD!  (VERY BIG DEAL)

Enjoy Vegas!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 9/19/15 5:45 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

This is wonderful to hear.  Those extender belts are the worst. 

I would suggest planning a way to make the protein goal easy.  I just spent 6 weeks traveling the west and loved Las Vegas.  Some tips - shrimp ****tail (even for breakfast) made the protein goal easy (I love shrimp, but if you don't, get a few protein shakes.  Walmart carries Pure Protein and if was going to be camping in the wilderness, I would stock up. )  

I don't know where you stayed, but near the Aria Hotel is this sculpture made out old canoes and kayaks.  kayaks

I loved it - I had just spent 10 days rafting the Grand Canyon.

Sharon

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 9/19/15 5:58 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

The kayak link did not appear.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=canoe+and+kayak+art+las+vegas&view=detailv2&id=8A451C15B788A0D7F8041DBD1548B533C191F33E&selectedindex=6&ccid=JfEwA4QC&simid=608049726387653816&thid=JN.HaDLyJnS4TYmyoBsai1QHw&mode=overlay&first=1

Sharon