Revise 8years Gastric bypass

Quandabadgirls
on 9/17/15 5:42 am - Sumter, SC

Looking to revise 8 yrs. out of GB. I'm looking revise to dual switch or band over bypass. I'm in S.C. does anyone know of a doctor that will revise in S.C. or not to far? Has anyone else had any of these surgeries revised? 

TanyaRN
on 9/17/15 6:54 am - Palm Bay, FL

why do you need a revision?

Quandabadgirls
on 9/17/15 1:47 pm - Sumter, SC

I have gained almost all my weight back after having my son 2yrs. ago. I have gone back to the original plan and exercise with little success. My surgeon said he could go back in and remove more of my intestine. Because back in 2009 Medicaid only allowed a certain amount to be removed. 

MsBatt
on 9/17/15 8:12 am

DS stands for Duodenal Switch. (The duodenum is the uppermost portion of your small intestine.) Have you tried posting this on the DS board here? You can also find a lot of good info on the DS, and a list of surgeons, at www.bariatricfacts.org. There are also several DS-specific FB groups you might want to check out.

Quandabadgirls
on 9/17/15 1:36 pm - Sumter, SC

Thank you Ms. Batt

ladygodiva1228
on 9/17/15 9:48 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I would stay far away from the band.  The issues that arise I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.  I had the lap band and when I finally got it out and revised to the bypass it was the best thing that could have happened. 

Have you had your pouch looked at?  What are the reasons you want a revision?  Does your insurance cover revisions? 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Quandabadgirls
on 9/17/15 1:17 pm - Sumter, SC

Yes I had an upper GI done it was fine.. I'm doing revise because I have gained pretty much all back. I'm having worst health issues than before after conceiving my son he's 2yrs. Yes Medicare will cover it. 

Quandabadgirls
on 9/17/15 1:19 pm - Sumter, SC
TanyaRN
on 9/18/15 1:16 pm - Palm Bay, FL

a revision is not going to guarantee results. If your tool is not broke, you need to go back to basics.

Quandabadgirls
on 9/18/15 3:07 pm - Sumter, SC

Thank you Tanya for your advice..