Many steps forward, a gazillion back.

trsinhawaii
on 9/12/15 2:02 pm

Warning....May get long winded.  I have come so far in my journey.  I have lost almost 100 pounds since the day of surgery and over that since my highest weight.  I have went through so many NSV's!!! The thing is this.  I don't want to go on and on.

The husband had his mind set on coming to hawaii con.  I am not into all of this so I bought him the ticket for Christmas last year. There was the luau last night and I came to spend the night with him and go to the luau.  It has been nice, I have been amazed at all the walking I have done!  Up and down tons of stairs and with ease!  Yay!  I will make a post later about all the NSV's.  The point is I was feeling high on life, feeling so, so good about all of this experience.  Usually when doing something like this, I would walk to the room and only go out for necessary things only.  Use to be food.  But I have been everywhere and kept up with the husband, in fathers been telling ME to slow down!!  

We went to have breakfast this morning, which btw I still haven't learned how to order.  If left up to me I would have ordered too much, and enjoyed the company and the view.  We had to part ways after this because he was going to do his thing and I'm actually suppose to be napping.  I am working tonight.

We said our byes, and I started the long trek back to our room.  I was walking down a specifically long corridor and was actually feeling pretty good, and then it happened.  Two women walking my way, looked to be in their mid to upper twenties, actually made pig noises and as they walked by just squealed and I heard them laughing.  My step faltered and all I could think was thank goodness the husband wasn't there, I would have been SO embarrassed, and thank goodness I was almost to the room.  I got there and in and just burst out bawling.  Really? I am so sad right now.

After all I've done and lost...still crying.  Went from high on life to totally bummed.  I will get over this, it is just going to take a moment.  We all know it's easier said than done.

Thanks for reading.  I'm going to try to get a nap now.

Roma
on 9/12/15 2:16 pm
RNY on 06/15/15

You are awesome, and they are ******** Don't let them take any of your joy away. We are all standing with you!

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Deanna798
on 9/12/15 2:45 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I had a lady in a wheel chair call me a fatty once,  I looked hey in the face and told her I'd much rather be fat than to be a nasty *****  

Hold your head high,  you  may be overweight  but you are working hard to change it, they are nasty on the inside and obviously aren't making any strides to improve themselves.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

LynnAlex
on 9/12/15 3:26 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I have never suffered any attacks like you have.  Mine were more of the problem of being invisible and not being invitated  to places where the "in" people hung about.  

People who have manners and money would never be so rude.  So take comfort that they are poor and have no self worth.  If they did, they would not have to belittle someone else in order to puff up themself.  So...you have more self-worth than they do.

Take pride in your accomplishments, keep moving forward. There will always be something that our brains can use to sabatoge us with, some may be real and some may be negative thoughts. Keep aiming high for the future.

Age 61 5'4" Consult-6/2/15: 238 SW-8/4/15: 210 CW:145 (6/30/18) M1-16#, M2-17#, M3-14#, M4-10#, M5-6#, M6-5#, M7-1#, M8 -3# Range 133-138 DexaScan 4/16/17 19% body fat---- 2016 wt avg 142-146, 2017, wt. avg 132-136, 2018 avg weight 144-146 bounce back is real.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 9/14/15 8:19 am
VSG on 12/06/12

You had me until you mentioned money. There are many very spoiled little rich girls who lack manners and empathy for others. I have helped people with low economic status for many years now and most of them are very polite kind people. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/14/15 8:53 am
RNY on 08/05/19
On September 12, 2015 at 3:26 PM Pacific Time, LynnAlex wrote:

I have never suffered any attacks like you have.  Mine were more of the problem of being invisible and not being invitated  to places where the "in" people hung about.  

People who have manners and money would never be so rude.  So take comfort that they are poor and have no self worth.  If they did, they would not have to belittle someone else in order to puff up themself.  So...you have more self-worth than they do.

Take pride in your accomplishments, keep moving forward. There will always be something that our brains can use to sabatoge us with, some may be real and some may be negative thoughts. Keep aiming high for the future.

I've met plenty of "well-off" folks who've been quite rude. Sometimes because they thought their money and privilege make them better than others, others because they're just plain jerks.

A-holes come from all walks of life.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Grim_Traveller
on 9/14/15 9:20 am
RNY on 08/21/12

See, I was thinking just the opposite. All the rich folks I ever met have been complete ********

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

The Salty Hag
on 9/14/15 9:51 am
RNY on 05/20/13
On September 12, 2015 at 3:26 PM Pacific Time, LynnAlex wrote:

Money and manners are not mutually exclusive.

Like a few others have said, some of the biggest, rudest d-bags in the world are, in fact, people with money. 

Maybe by poor you meant poor in compassion and empathy for others? 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/14/15 9:53 am

So explain Donald Trump to me. He has money falling out of his pockets, and he is one of the most execrable humans to walk the earth. You truly believe people with money are not rude? Rudeness isn't monetarily driven. You can be an asshole with money or an asshole without money.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Grim_Traveller
on 9/14/15 11:52 am
RNY on 08/21/12

The other stereotype that gets me is the one where obese people are stupid, or at least uneducated.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.