Food Processor vs Blender

englanc
on 9/11/15 5:50 pm

Since I am changing the consistency of my food and will be making protein drinks and smoothies, what does everyone think is a good product to use. I would also like to get one I can take to work and leave in my locker when not in use.

White Dove
on 9/12/15 7:12 am - Warren, OH

For work, a Hamilton Beach personal blender with travel cap - about $17 at Walmart.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/12/15 8:13 am

Magic bullet or the newer Nutribullet would be my first choice.. Expensive - but I use that almost daily for many things. 

And... Vitamix. That one is really pricy...but when eventually I got mine. - I sold - donated all other blenders, and my coffee grinder.  I still kept the magic bullet. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/15 9:47 am
RNY on 05/04/15

We love our Ninja blender. It can be used with a big pitcher or single-serve cups. We don't have a food processor, but I use it to make mashed cauliflower "fauxtatoes" all the time.