New. Scared. Needing advice?

Pcosdiva88
on 9/10/15 6:52 am - Winchester , KY

First and foremost thanks for taking the time to read my post. I am a 26 year old female with pcos, I'm considering weight loss surgery but really don't know which would be best for me. I come from a slightly traditional family who hates that I'm overweight but also hates the idea of weight loss surgery. any other ladies out there with pcos who have had a weight loss surgery? What are your alls opinions on which is best? 

Thank you so much. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/15 8:31 am

Hey hun, hope you don't mind but I'm dropping you an email *smiles

nolanv
on 9/10/15 9:15 am

Hello, Pcosdiva88, My cousin had weight loss surgery 2 years ago and it has completely changed her life. She was 34 at the time. Its a lifestyle change that's for sure. I thought about doing it as well, and it is still a possiblility. However, I am trying to change my lifestyle and its working well for me right now. Email me if you'd like to discuss.

Valerie G.
on 9/10/15 9:17 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I highly recommend you learn all you can about the three most common surgeries right now:  RNY (gastric bypass), VSG (sleeve) and DS (duodenal switch).  Once you understand how each one works and the differences between them, take into account your own body and how it's reacted in the past to your attempts to lose weight.  With that knowledge that only you know, pick the one that addresses your challenges best.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Pcosdiva88
on 9/10/15 12:29 pm - Winchester , KY

Thank you so much for your advice and taking the time to share with me! 

Leafy
on 9/10/15 8:34 pm

I am 3 months out, have lost more than 30 lbs and have done so well that I am not sure I even had the surgery.  I had RNY and would do it again in a minute.   I followed the post surgery instructions to the letter and that was key I think.   I was so nervous to tell anyone I was planning  the surgery, fearing a negative reaction, but my friends and family have been AMAZING.  I feel like I have been reborn.  Its all good.  I send you clarity and courage.  

MsBatt
on 9/11/15 7:46 pm

Like Val, I recommend you research all your options. I will, however, say that if PCOS is your biggest concern you look VERY closely athte DS. The DS is the form of WLS that makes the most dramatic change in your metabolism.