Feeling like I wanna cry!

Chickenboob
on 9/7/15 7:23 pm - Rockland, Canada

Hang in there. You have been through so much. The surgery gets so built up in our minds and once it is over it's sort of anti-climatic. All the preparation we do still isn't quite enough to prepare us for the reality of the changing hormones and emotions of it all. As gross as it was, I used half the liquid for the protein powder, so I could get the same amount of protein in while consuming a smaller glass. I sipped on water and broth between shakes, simply because I hated the taste of the protein drinks. I actually missed the Optifast (even after having a 4-week pre-op phase).

You are doing great and in a few days you will feel so much better and even can tolerate some pureed food. My mom made me a pureed pot roast shake. Sounds gross now but looking back, it was the best thing I ever had. LOL...

It's a long hard road to overnight success, but it will come, you'll see!

Feel better soon!

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

Nikki_Thomas
on 9/8/15 4:50 am
VSG on 09/03/15

Thanks to all of you! I appreciate your feedback and support! It's hard to talk to my family about this because they just don't understand and it's not their fault. It's my journey, my struggle. I know eventually I will start feeling better. But the scariest thing is, I don't understand my body anymore. So I think it's making me very emotional. I just can't wait till my 2 week post op visit to talk to my surgeon and Nut.

thank you all again!!! You guys are fantastic!!! ❤️

HW:312 Pre-op Visit: 298 CW: 269  

Mary Gee
on 9/8/15 6:25 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

You should do more reading here on the boards.  You will see in the beginning you are not expected to get all your protein in.  The most important thing, while you're healing, is to stay hydrated -- keep drinking the shakes and sipping water.  The carb/calorie goals come into play when you progress to real food.  You'll also learn about three week stalls, you'll learn about websites that have ideas for pureed foods and soft foods, weighing and measuring and logging, etc.  There's a lot to learn, and the more you read, the more you'll learn and the better you'll feel.

You're doing fine .... don't get discouraged.  WLS is not "the easy way"... it takes a lot of work and effort.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 9/8/15 6:51 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

You are doing really really good! It's normal to feel the way you feel & if you feel like a good cry, let it out!

As far as feeling full, your nerves have just been cut so you won't get that feeling till you're much further out from surgery & are healed, so ease up on yourself. It's very important to follow your Drs plan for you this early out & not try to push thru the stages ahead of time, or "test" your new stomach.

Take your time. Walk,walk,walk, sip, sip,sip repeat often. Good Luck!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Felicity Q.
on 9/8/15 9:07 am
DS on 09/28/15

Hi Nikki! Congrats on your VSG!

I felt similarly 4 years ago when I had my Lap-Band. I figure that's why we take the time away from work to recover... cry, ***** & moan, and force-feed ourselves! 

You got this though! 

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

Luvmygs
on 9/8/15 2:51 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

Wow, that's pretty amazing. At 5 days post op I was lucky I could get 1 shake in per day. It took me almost all day to get one shake down. You're doing great! It really does get better.

Michmanbigboy
on 9/8/15 5:59 pm - Whitmore Lake, MI

I am using Active liquid protein and have for a couple of months now. It's just like taking a shot of cough syrup the sugar free has 90 calories and 21 grams of protein.

Kathyjs
on 9/8/15 6:38 pm

My dr at mayo doesn't believe in shakes and I was so terrified at day 5 . Well it's been 13 years,take a look at my picture. I may be old but by golly I am at goal :-) your emotions will be all over the place. Deep breath and sip

sip

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/15 8:47 am

I was having the same issue getting my protein in. so I concentrated my shakes. I was using 4oz of skim milk and a whole scoop of powder. It was thick and super chocolate flavored but, I found it easier to get that down then staring at a huge cup before me lol