Need advice about dumping

Kathyjs
on 9/8/15 6:43 pm

After all these years I still have to eat slow, watch the fats and dumping is like giving birth. You will know it :-)

gbsinsatx
on 9/10/15 2:44 pm - San Antonio, TX

As everyone else has advised, this is not dumping. I experienced this many times during my first 2 years post-op. At 5 months out I finally determined I would go back to being a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian as I had been 10 years prior to RNY. Meat really upset my pouch and during the first 2 years post-op eggs caused the same type episodes you have described. To this day, I have to eat eggs very slowly so I do not have an issue. One other food that I have to be careful with is raw carrots even though I eat them on a daily basis. Basically you have to experiment with the foods you eat because your pouch can react to something you thought you could tolerate. To this day (5 years post-op plus) I have had a few of these reactions even this far out. As a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian most of my food is not so heavy in my pouch so it goes down easily. Because it is not as dense a food as meat products I experience hunger more frequently. Please see my profile page if interested. I detail my RNY experience there.

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

angelathompson3737
on 9/15/15 3:19 pm

Hi, I had mgb ten years ago and I understand dumping. Even though you threw up the food you still absorbed a small amount. I have learned to know which food has refined sugar and natural sugar and raw sugar. Blueberries are just awful!  Drinking water will help to get the food out of your system faster and stopping the dumping feeling.  If you take one bite and wait to see if it will make you dump instead of just eating and assuming it is good healthy food. The less fast food and  frozen food you eat the better. Don't for get the fruit has a natural sugar so be very cautious. Good luck!!