Hi everyone! 1 1/2 weeks post op here!

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/15 9:06 am

I had the SAME problem. Everything sweet seems HYPER SWEET. Yuck! One thing I have found that worked for me, is taking the protein shake (chocolate) adding skim milk some ice and this mint protein flavoring I found at Walgreens. I put it in my ninja and puree it. It tastes SO good and hides that funky protein shake taste pretty well! Maybe this will work for you too? GL!

gracie88
on 9/7/15 9:12 am
RNY on 08/26/15

Thanks I will try that!  

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/15 9:42 am

You're welcome. You can find it in the dietary section of walgreens. It's their own brand. They have mint and butter pecan. I haven't tried that one yet but it might be good in vanilla. When I try it ill let ya know! Also, the mint really cuts the sweet to me, so its not near as sweet.

alieskia
on 9/12/15 12:18 pm

hi! can u tell me more about this mint protein flavoring? what is the name?? sounds good!! THANKS!

Dan1962
on 9/7/15 11:11 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

Back in the day I used Unjury chicken broth flavored or unflavored.  I'm not a sweets person so I really struggled with drinking the protein shakes.  Luckily its a relatively short period of time that they are required.

crystalhamley
on 9/9/15 7:25 pm

Hi, I had RNY on Sept 19th. At 3 weeks post op I've lost 27 pounds. Having a hard time with everything I put in my mouth. The first week post op was easy as far as drinking. Sugar free popsicles, broth and water. Water was going down so easy now I'm having trouble getting it in, think maybe I need a britta instead of it just being tap water. I'm still on puree/soft foods and I'm having a hard time with air bubbles. Small bites/drinks and still manage to swallow air. Might be eating too fast still. This has been the biggest learning experience of my life.

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/15 8:57 am

I had my first pureed meal today! I bought these small bowls at walmart that are the perfect size. They are so small that they look full with my whole 4oz LOL. I use a baby spoon. I take a bite, put my bowl down, wait a few minutes, take another bite put the bowl down. My nutritionist said that it should take you at least 30 minutes to eat a meal.