Hi everyone! 1 1/2 weeks post op here!

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/15 2:03 pm

Hi guys. Im new to the forum and pretty new to the surgery. On the 26th, I had the RNY bypass. I had mine done in Western Ky with a FANTASTIC doctor (Paige Quintero). Prior to the surgery I was required to do a 2 week liquid diet. As much as I hated it I think now I am grateful as it has helped me to adjust better to what im going through now. The two weeks resulted in 10lbs of weight loss. From my surgery date I have lost 19lbs. Im really excited to find this website and forum. Hope to get to know you all soon.- Keri

happytoloose
on 9/6/15 10:10 pm

WELOME!

You sound very excited, my only advice is this.

Keep your excitment level HIGH, do your absolute BEST to follow your program, dont beat youself up when you stumble and we all do, and dont sweat the stalls, they are part of the game.

10 months ago, I was sooo excited, and I still am!

The hard work will be rewarded with little victories and obvious changes in health, Its hard not to be excited about the NSVs.

I probably stick to my program 85 to 90%. Have had MANY stalls, lost count. Weight loss is GREAT following a stall.

GOOD LUCK! ENJOY THE RIDE, AND GET HEALTHY.

I LOVE MY SLEEVE!
Rod

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/15 7:37 am

Hey there Happy I am VERY excited. I feel like I have been given a gift and I completely plan not to squander it. This is my second time that I have tried to get the surgery. The first time, I had went through the entire process and was waiting for my insurance to be submitted. I get a large packet in the mail, thinking its my surgery info...NO turns out my insurance had changed and they were requiring me to do another 6 months of doctors visits and nutritionist. I was heartbroken During this time, my mom passed away and I stopped completely. I knew I was not in the mindset that it would require for this surgery. I did not want to fail. So, I took some time off, and in the meantime a fantastic new doctor came locally to my area. I guess everything happens for a reason! Her office is amazing and if I have any questions I can call her nutritionist and they get back to me within the day. Sorry if I got off track but my point is after my first disappointment, I got a fire lit beneath me. Im going to do the very best that I can to make the most of it! Nice to meet you- Keri 

STEELYDANMAN
on 9/6/15 10:10 pm

Hey, I am BRAND NEW to all of this. Had my surgery Sept. 1, 2015

Any & all advice is welcome at this point until I find a SUPPORT GROUP here in Decatur,Ga.

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/15 7:42 am

Well congratulations to you! Welcome to your new life  One thing that a friend told me and that has stuck with me is, "There are no small victories". Everything is a positive change. Did you have have the sleeve or the RNY? I had the RNY and at 5 days out I was still pretty uncomfortable but it DOES get better soon after that so keep your head up. I will do my best to offer any support I can. Its nice to met you! - Keri

STEELYDANMAN
on 9/12/15 12:44 pm

Hey SmallTownGrl

I actually had the Loop Duodenal switch which I'm told is both restrictive and malabsorptive.

Thank you for your wonderful encouragement

Dan1962
on 9/7/15 5:26 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

Hello and welcome.  I found this site about three days prior to my surgery.  It has been a life savor.  I read and check it multiple times per day and alway learn something.  You will notice a number of people on here check back in and start out with " I haven't checked in for a long time and need to get back on tract".  I think being on here daily serves as a constant reminder of where I was and where I am and where I want to be.  Here you will meet some of the most inspirational, nice, giving people that can identify with your feelings and relationship to food.  Enjoy your journey!

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/15 7:46 am

Hey Dan, nice to meet ya! I only found this site yesterday but I signed up immediately! I think I will make a lot of use out of it. I have already been surfing on the forums, checking out the pictures (talk about inspiring!) This site is so wonderful! The people are all friendly and supportive. Im hoping to make a lot of new "friends" here. Thank you for your response and advice, it is so appreciated! -Keri 

STEELYDANMAN
on 9/12/15 12:47 pm

Thanks Dan1962

I really appreciate that.

gracie88
on 9/7/15 9:01 am
RNY on 08/26/15

Hi there I had bypass on the same day as you.  I'm finding a little challenging to get the protein in daily. The shakes all seem so sweet and after a few dips I want to gag. I'm getting more energy each day. I had to do a 6 month pre op diet that turned into a 9 month diet by the time my surgery was scheduled but I lost 21 pounds on that and have lost 11 since surgery. I'm just taking it day by day and before you know it we will be where we want to be.