Why do I always think about bringing food ?

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/15 9:26 am

Its a beautiful Saturday on Labor day weekend and I'm about to relax outside in the sun with a great book .  But why do I think ( right after a meal ) that I need to bring a snack " just in case " I get hungry twenty feet from back door ?!! 

I treat snacks almost like a baby blanket ...  I think always having food with me  leads to injesting  extra calories too .. do you ?  What do you do about it? 

hl1524
on 9/5/15 9:49 am - Austin, TX

I still have some of the same mindset. I try to pre-plan my days worth of intake in the morning. Doing so allows me to plan in 3small meals and two snacks a day. Having the snacks keeps me from eating too fast at meal time. 

RNY 8/27/2014

TimeForMe61
on 9/5/15 9:58 am - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

As long as you're not grazing, I think it's perfectly normal, although doing it at home might be a little obsessive! 😊 When I leave the house, I bring 2 babybel light cheese with me so I'm not tempted to make a bad choice. When I travel, I have my protein powder, premix shakes and babybels too. And I always think about where I can make a Greek yogurt purchase while I'm out. It's good to be prepared so wrong choices aren't an option. To avoid grazing, I eat (usually drink protein in my coffee), plan to eat at noon, snack at 3 dinner at 6ish and snack at 9 so that grazing doesn't happen. The times never end up being exact but I don't eat at anytime earlier.

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/15 12:09 pm

I'm impressed !  You guys are very disciplined.  

Kathyjs
on 9/7/15 2:07 pm

Wow, I must be the odd ball. The only time I think about food is when I realize, whoops, I better eat something