Places to sell clothing

mute
on 9/10/15 5:50 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

No, that's a fine response lol. I want to be able sell my clothes there and make money! Just unsure if I'll be able to is all. I have limited options on where to sell them - as evidenced by the no consignment stores or local craigslist sites- so eBay would be ideal. I don't have experience selling on there though. I listed the items with tags on today, there were 5, thought I would start small and see if I can do anything, and go from there. I just wondered if there were other options for people who have limited local places like me. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/15 6:06 am

I'm so IMPRESSED !!! Go Grrl !!!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 9/11/15 6:12 am
RNY on 12/31/13

One tip I will give is this -- be sure to weigh everything BEFORE listing your items, round up to the next pound and use these mailers: Best Way to Ship Clothes -- as they weigh next to nothing, self-seal and look professional.  Fat clothes are big and bulky  -- thus these are life-savers.  I can usually fit two or three things in one.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

bruindiva92
on 9/12/15 6:13 am
Revision on 03/29/17

I am selling my clothes on Ebay right now.  What's working is lots--groups of 4 or 5 pair jeans, 4-5 t shirts, etc.  I sold the bulk of my clothes in 2 days.

mute
on 9/12/15 8:33 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Thanks for the tip!

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/15 9:34 am
RNY on 05/04/15

I had a lot of luck selling on Twice before eBay bought them out. Now I sell on ThredUp. They don't accept as many brands as Twice did, but the payout isn't bad. I got $17 for the first bag I sent them, all of which was stuff that got no bids when I listed it on eBay, and it was very little work on my part; just fill the bag and request a USPS carrier pickup. (My "referral code" if you want to get $20 off your first order and earn me some credit if you buy from them is http://www.thredup.com/r/MFZCRM.)