Places to sell clothing

mute
on 9/10/15 9:01 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I know this has been discussed before and I did pay attention but I've mainly seen people talk about Ebay, consignment shops, and Goodwill. I just listed a few shirts on Ebay to see if I can do anything on there but I wanted to know if anyone has used Poshmark before and had luck with it? 

I live in a small area and the consignment shops I was able to find in the closest big city - the first one didn't take plus sizes and the second one had stringent rules and didn't seem to be worth my time. I've bought a few things on Poshmark before but haven't sold anything. I know I heard about ThredUp on here but after I looked into it I wasn't sure if it would be worth it. 

I lost my job so I thought now would be a good time to at least start on this kind of project. I have a lot of clothes to go through. I have one huge tub to give to goodwill that are inexpensive and not worth it to try to sell. But then I also have a lot of clothes that were pricier that would definitely be worth it to see if I could get anything. 

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Valerie G.
on 9/10/15 9:11 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I had really good results with local consignment stores.  There was one that was overly picky, and another that wasn't.  I worked the two against each other sometimes.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

mute
on 9/10/15 9:13 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Like I said, consignment stores aren't an option in my area unfortunately. 

ladygodiva1228
on 9/10/15 10:29 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I have had pretty decent luck with craigslist.  Of course ebay I think would be better for higher quality stuff.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

White Dove
on 9/10/15 2:44 pm - Warren, OH

Craigslist is free and you get local people so don't have the hassle of shipping packages.  Some people will offer you less than you advertise for so expect that to happen. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

mute
on 9/10/15 4:27 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

There is no Craigslist location close to me actually...

ladygodiva1228
on 9/11/15 8:26 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Craigslist is everywhere.  For CT there is Northeast, Northwest, etc. not a specific town. 

Does that make since?  What ever state you are in just look for the nearest location and once you start your posting you can put in a more specific area.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

mute
on 9/11/15 4:00 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

Oh, I know that. The closest location to me is an hour away though. I've posted furniture on that location before and haven't had any luck. It's next to impossible because for OH they don't do regions they do cities. so the city is Dayton and that's an hour from me. I'm not driving an hour to meet up with people for a shirt here and there. 

I used to live closer to where a city that they a location was and I had much better luck then. Not so much now.

AnImperfectAngel
on 9/10/15 4:22 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

I live in a very tiny little community, its not even a town, its a village and we have created a website for selling and exchanging plus sized clothing. There are about 25 of us and the best part is that we have a clothing train that is free. Its usually about 10 bags of clean plus sized clothing, (in excellent condition) that travels from one person to the next on the list. We take what we can use and add what we are no longer using. Since we are all plus sized but different sizes, we can keep trading as we lose or gain weight. We also use the site to sell our higher priced items to each other and its pretty successful! Maybe you could look into doing something similar. 

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

CerealKiller Kat71
on 9/10/15 5:26 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I know you wanted a different response -- but I did sell all my clothes on eBay -- and made a lot of money.  I needed to make money to afford a trip to see my mother who lives 3500 miles away.  I made enough to cover the entire trip with just my 26/28, 30/32 clothes on eBay.  This summer, I helped to fund a trip to Disney and another trip out west to see my mom selling from 16 to 24.  I even sold my bras!  Sadly, as my clothes got smaller, they no longer sell as well.  I ended up donating all the 8's through 12's.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat