Taking Devrom is like playing stinky Russian roulette

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/15 8:20 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Hmm, for me the gas always starts around noon and gets worse until bed. I have an occasional Quest bar, but the gas is daily regardless. I switched my vitamins to get rid of sugar alcohols, but I just noticed my calcium supplements have sorbitol and xylitol. I take the first one at 8:30am then two more during the day...wonder if that might be my culprit. I just bought two 270-count containers, too!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/1/15 8:48 am - OH

Well, not taking them for a day or two should give you the answer to that. Also, are you chewing thoroughly?  Allegedly, not chewing well enough can cause a variety of problems since we don't have the use of all the stomach acids/enzymes to help break down the food (constipation, bloating, gas).

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/15 8:59 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Chewing thoroughly is probably something I could definitely pay more attention to.

hollykim
on 9/1/15 9:30 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 31, 2015 at 10:03 AM Pacific Time, 4FurKids wrote:

Some people swear by the stuff for making gas not stink, but for me, it's so hit-and-miss that it's like playing Russian roulette. Will this one go completed unnoticed? Or will it make my officemate evacuate to the hallway with lightning speed? Who knows; every fart is a mystery!

if you are using the chewable, they have sugar alcohol which CAUSES stinky gas in me!

LoverFlyWolfie
on 9/1/15 12:46 pm

It is, :-). 

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/15 8:05 am

I only fart on planes  ... then i make faces at my seat mate  .  Seriously its got to be something in your diet ..