I miss ice Cream!

SkinnyScientist
on 8/30/15 11:40 pm

You are right. I do not know about this protein ice cream. I started to look at the pinterest egg face posted. This is intriguing.

I will also admit I am probably overly viligent (sp) about this.  I dont want to regain (the 3 year bounce back) and Groomy has just had metformin removed and the doc wants him to try controlling his diabetes on diet alone!  :)  This is wonderful but also another layer of "pressure".

:)

I am sorry, still learning.  

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Michele7
on 8/31/15 4:00 pm

Hi I was curious if you prepare gelatin into jello and then throw it in or do u just put it straight in as a dry substance. Thanks michele7

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/1/15 3:33 am

You have to prep the jello. Dry will not dissolve. I use as little hot liquid as I can. Can be milk, or water... Or anyliquid that can be heated. I use almond or coconut milk. 

Really low fat ice cream does not give nice ice cream or popsicles.. Some fat is needed.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/30/15 10:03 am

Homemade protein ice cream or popsicles is not only good for us, but it is also a great treat, snack option when it is hot... You have a lot to learn... 

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Nancy
on 8/30/15 11:50 am - Kasson, MN

I never been able to tolerate any protein drinks.  Only proteins I have done well with is cheese, eggs and chicken.  I had the surgery 10 years ago..... I am just trying to see what people have been able to tolerate!  My treat is vegetables and fruits..... But once in a while would like Ice cream when it is hot out!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/30/15 1:36 pm

I am allergic to dairy (whey) and soy. 

I make my ice cream paleo, using coconut milk, chocolate (I use backing - no sugar chocolate), gelatin, etc. 

I used to make RNY friendly ice cream using yogurt or cream cheese blended with fruits, stevia..etc.. 

Make a good tasting mix - using stuff you like and tolerate - freeze.. Yumm.. 

Nancy
on 8/30/15 2:34 pm - Kasson, MN

I will give it a try!  Thanks 

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/15 2:37 pm

I end to agree with this one sorry ....  Ice cream is a slider food which means it outsmarts your wls totally.  Unless you actually LIKE frozen protein shakes you're going to end up with real portion control issues even if you make your own , make it SF and FF ...

I used to own a gelato maker and made the Best homemade gelato with skim milk powder and sugar free pudding mix as a base .  Very addictive stuff!  I've heard of more people gaining most of their weight back with ice cream than any other culprit food there than fast food ...  

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/15 5:48 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I was never a big ice cream eater, so I don't feel the need to avoid all ice cream-like things just to avoid triggering cravings, but when I want something cold and sweet, I LOVE Unjury protein pudding pops made with FF/SF Jello chocolate fudge pudding mix.

meanjelly
on 8/29/15 6:33 pm

fat free and sugar free frozen yogurt

RNY 6/26/15       HW360      SW290      GW200