Weight gain after almost 8 years post RNY

SkinnyScientist
on 8/31/15 7:02 am

"I thought about it and decided, maybe it's not just for me"

-Hey. My husband and I are a couple that is "complete without children."  If is very mature and wise of you to admit that kids may not be what you want/need at the moment.  Being a parent is such an awesomely huge responsibility.  For me, I do not have the patience or the time to parent a child correctly.  My husband and I are also not financially secure enough either.

Some people act as if one is "weird" for not wanting or not choosing to have kids.  All I can say, is that if one is unable to provide enough time, love, attention, resources, and patience, one shouldnt have them!  They are kids!  Not dolls!  One just cant "put them away" in a corner.

So... I am sorry about your husband, but if you arent ready for ANY reason, I declare you wise!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/15 10:12 pm, edited 8/31/15 10:12 pm

Its also possible to have kids at almost any age now for women.  I would advise you to keep freezing the eggs you harvested.  Who knows .. n a few years you might have a hot young loyal ( and financially set) hubby and desperately want to have his children... (((())))  Saving your eggs just gives you more options .

Big hugs 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/1/15 8:10 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Or maybe a significant other who's neither "hot," "young," nor rich, but who loves you as you are and wants to be your equal partner :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

jazzycatz
on 8/26/15 2:55 pm - Joppa, MD

Does he want to get a look at your pouch to see if it has stretched? That might be the reason behind the procedure.

Lesty123
on 8/26/15 3:37 pm

Yes. He said he has to see if it's stretched and how much. I just found out about RNY revisions. I had no idea we had that option (ofcourse if approved)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/26/15 7:30 pm - OH

Unless the EGD shows an significantly stretched pouch or stoma, you likely don't need any kind of revision.  If the infertility treatments are hormone-based, they may very well be accounting for some of the weight gain.

Having an EGD done is not a big deal (you will be given twilight sedation and won't be aware of it, and usually the worst part of it is a slightly sore throat for some people).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MsBatt
on 8/27/15 2:39 pm

You say your treatments increased your appetite a little. Do you journal your food? If not, that would be a place to start. It doesn't take very much extra, especially if it's in the form of carbs, to put on 40 pounds over 18 months. That's only a little more than 2 pounds per month.