Weight gain after almost 8 years post RNY

Lesty123
on 8/26/15 10:37 am

Hello,

I managed to keep my weight down for years but the last years and a half I went up about 40 lbs and not sure why? The only difference was that I started infertility treatments which 1. noticed that it opened my appetite alittle and 2. caused me get brown spots on my face which are getting worse. I think they call it pregnancy mask (I'm not pregnant!). Anyway I went back to my surgeon and he wants to do a Esophagogastroduodenoscopy, to see my pouch but not understanding the completeness of why this is needed and is it bad? Is it normal to gain that much weight in about a year and a half and is anyone familiar with "pregnancy mask". Needless to say the treatment didnt work and I made up my mind in not having kids.

Felicity Q.
on 8/26/15 11:21 am
DS on 09/28/15

Hi Lesty,

Although I don't have advice for some of your questions, my mother's entire face darkened during her first pregnancies. She had a pretty tan complexion normally, and the pregnancy caused her face to turn a darker tan (almost light brown) as if she were of Mexican descent (she's Irish). Here's an article on the subject that may be helpful to you regarding that!

Best of luck to you!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

Lesty123
on 8/26/15 2:28 pm

Thanks, interesting article but doesn't mention about non pregnancy. I did learn that melasma is a hormonal imbalance also and birth control could be one solution BUT I just dont want to keep gaining more weight. UGH!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/15 12:50 pm

I just have to say I am sorry that you are going through infertility treatments and they have not worked for you. I know this isn't really help but I am sending good thoughts your way. 

Willie H.
on 8/26/15 1:58 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

That was sweet of you!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Lesty123
on 8/26/15 2:29 pm

What do you mean?

Willie H.
on 8/27/15 10:54 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Sorry if I confused you.  I was responding to 3Bassetthounds sending you "good thoughts"

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Lesty123
on 8/26/15 2:32 pm
Lesty123
on 8/26/15 2:34 pm

Thank you for your kind words....actually he was diagnosed with Vericole during insemenation so the chances were very minimal, then we got divorced shortly after (he was cheating). I have had the opportunity to conceived through IVF but I think I'm ok as I am. I thought about it and decided, maybe it's not just for me.

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/15 2:48 pm

I hope you WLS can help you with the weight gain. Using MYFITNESSPal is really helpful so you can evaluate what you are eating.

Hormones can reek havoc on a body. 

If you are happy that is all that matters.