VSG Surgery on August 12th Feeling better Everyday

L_Ballantyne1962
on 8/24/15 12:45 pm - Canada

Hi everyone, Thanks for all the great messages and support. As each day passes I am feeling better and stronger. I am drinking my protein shakes, soup, yogurt, applesauce, jello, popsicles. I have not had any vomiting. I do experience indigestion but not all the time. I have to say that the extra air that you experience right after surgery was the most difficult for me. But getting up and moving around was very helpful. I have finished with my blood thinner injections that I was taking post op, still taking medication to lower acid production. I am getting out walking everyday. I went to see my GP last Thursday for a check up and I have lost 15lbs. since my weigh in at the hospital pre surgery. I have to try to get in more water as I know I am not getting enough. One funny thing that I am experiencing is that when I eat anything my tummy does a lot of talking to my....gurgles and growls!!! Has anyone else experienced that?  LOL!!!  

Neesie57
on 8/24/15 1:10 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Congratulations on your surgery, and your recovery since then.  I had my surgery on August 4th, and am just one week into the pureed foods phase, so am doing my best to change it up to make it interesting.

My stomach makes noises all the time, especially right after I eat, so I don't think it's unusual.  I don't know how long this will last, but for now, I'm fine with it because it means my stomach is working, thank goodness.

mellen613
on 8/24/15 1:37 pm

I read your post and had to check who wrote it because I thought I was the author!  Except for the surgery date (mine was 8/5) we sound like the same person.   The only complaint I have is the bruising on my thighs from giving myself blood thinner injections.  I am on my first week of soft foods (my NUTs plan is for 2).  I look forward to each meal.  I love tuna fish with cheese!!   Yes, my tummy gurgles too!

Kathy S.
on 8/24/15 1:48 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

killinmesmalls77
on 8/25/15 8:28 am - MN
RNY on 05/07/15

Congratulations! So glad you are recovering well. My tummy does a lot of talking now too. Some days it is so funny to hear all the noises. Luckily, so far, it hasn't been to embarrassing at work. 

Great job on the walking and losing 15 lbs. Keep it up! 

HW: 276 SW: 254.1 GW: 125 CW: 154.5

Tracy D.
on 8/25/15 1:42 am, edited 8/25/15 1:43 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome to the loser's bench! 

P.S. There is a VSG surgery-specific forum here on OH...in case you haven't found us yet ;-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15