Healthy Indiana Plan

kaylaleigh123
on 6/15/16 5:43 pm - Tennyson, IN

Hello, im from indiana and have HIP + my insurance required me to be 6 months documented weight loss, also required me to lose 2.5% of my weight before I got approved, and 5% of my weight before surgery day. Im on month 6 YAY... but that 2.5% has been hard. :( easier said than done. I wish you luck and would love love love to make friends going through the same process as me :) 

ldybg8879
on 6/16/16 7:42 am

This is the first time I'm hearing about the weight loss requirement. Which HIP carrier do you have, Anthem, MDWise, or MHS?  I have MDWise.

kaylaleigh123
on 6/16/16 4:57 pm - Tennyson, IN

Hello, i have HiP through Anthem.  Its something my insurance requires. 

kaylaleigh123
on 8/15/16 11:42 am - Tennyson, IN

i have anthem medicaid hip Plus 

ldybg8879
on 8/16/16 11:25 am

Have your had your surgery yet?

kaylaleigh123
on 8/16/16 5:26 pm - Tennyson, IN

Not yet 

I had to complete the following steps I had to have a full psychological evaluation, drug test, nicotine test, EKG, blood work, chest x-ray, One support group meeting, 5 online lessons with homework, I had to lose 2.5% of my body weight before I could be approved by Deaconess weight loss Solutions and 5% before my surgery. I got my approval from my insuance Right now i go in the 22nd for a meeting with dr Burry my surgion. Then i have to do a scope down my throat to make sure everything looks good. My surgery date should be a week after.