Crunchy

ontheroad1
on 8/23/15 2:30 pm - Saint Louis, MO

I am 11 days out of band surgery and I want something crunchy to eat. What can I have? 

kathkeb
on 8/23/15 2:34 pm

What does your surgeons plan say?

at 11 days out, I was not allowed crunchy food.

i was on clear liquids for 3 days, the full liquids for 11 days, then mushy food for a week.

then I had my 3 week check up and my first fill and I was allowed to progress slowly to regular food.

The first crunchy food I had was some bites of whole grain crackers with my tuna salad at about 1 month out.

you might be allowed to 'crunch' on a sugar free Popsicle.

Kath

akanikkie
on 8/23/15 3:11 pm
VSG on 04/27/15

I had to settle for jello lol.  I really missed crunchy too but time will really go by faster than you think when you can get to crunchy.

HW: 448; SW: 376; CW: 321

crystal M.
on 8/23/15 4:36 pm - Joliet, IL

The closeste I came to crunchy was ice.  I also took sugar free pudding and froze it.  To me freezing it made a world a difference.  It reminded me of a pudding pop. 

jamrodriguez
on 8/23/15 4:53 pm

Oh texture, how I miss thee! I'm not allowed anything I have to chew until 6 weeks out. But I've got a sleeve, so it may be different for you. 

NYMom222
on 8/23/15 6:09 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

11 days out there probably isn't anything you should be crunching on unfortunately. Hang in there before you know it you will be past all these stages. I agree SF Popsicles might be your best bet. I had never eaten them before, but they were a lifesaver during the beginning.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 8/24/15 5:27 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You should probably check with your surgeon's office.  Crunchy foods are contraindicated for the VSG so soon after surgery.

Did your surgeon's office give you a plan as to what you should be eating?

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/24/15 5:37 pm - OH

The surgeons that I work for don't allow anything crunchy until 4 weeks out, but plans vary a lot and your surgeon may be different.  Check with him/her.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Hislady
on 8/26/15 2:59 pm - Vancouver, WA

The only crunchy things I can think of that you should ever eat are raw veggies and those don't come for awhile. Trust me there is nothing worse than getting stuck on a raw veg. and spitting up foam and mucus till it hurls back out!! In fact alot of us banders were unable to eat healthy food like raw veggies from day one on.

If you are thinking crackers or popcorn they aren't really good foods for anyone trying to lose weight. So you have fun with that lap band, I am by the way very anti band.

Nic M
on 8/26/15 10:21 am, edited 8/26/15 10:22 am

You don't want to eat anything that causes distress to your guts this early out. And you certainly don't want to be puking at this stage. Heal up first before eating things that aren't on your meal plan.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI