Vsg 4 days ago .. Pls tell me there is a light at the end

Mello1
on 8/22/15 11:18 am

had vsg 4 days ago. I am on the smaller side and ask myself what have I done. I feel horrible. Barely getting liquids in. Prob 8-12oz I need to know that there is a light at the end of this ugly painful tunnel!

ps-I had lapband 2 yrs ago and had that removed 6 weeks ago.. Joy!!!

Karen M.
on 8/22/15 1:49 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Honestly, the first week after my WLS (RNY not VSG, doesn't matter) I felt like I'd been run over (and backed over repeatedly) by a Mack truck. And then around day 6/7 it finally turned around and I started feeling quite great, actually. Keep sipping tha****er! You'll feel even worse if you get dehydrated.

It WILL get better and there IS a light. Hang on.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Alison B.
on 8/22/15 1:54 pm - ROSEVILLE, MN
VSG on 05/28/15

It does get better. The first week is really tough, at least it was for me (and for many others, based on their postings). Do the best you can so you don't become dehydrated. Try different flavors/types of liquids and SF popsicles to see if that helps. Each day will be better than the one before, and you will regain your strength and energy. It's a big procedure, and our bodies need time to recover. I hope your recovery goes smoothly and that you begin to feel better very soon 

Height: 5'10" HW: 264.4 Bariatric information session 1/21/15. Insurance approves VSG 4/30/15. Surgery date 5/28/15.

Gwen M.
on 8/22/15 3:59 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

You MUST keep drinking, set a timer and make yourself drink an ounce every 15 minutes.  

It will get better - you just had major surgery so everything sucks right now.  But dehydration will only make every thing feel worse.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Maria27
on 8/22/15 6:04 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

The first month after surgery I kept asking myself why did I do it. It takes a few months to adjust. But I am so happy now. There is no way I would ever take it back. Surgery was one of the best decisions I have made for myself. Hang in there and give it some time.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Kathyjs
on 8/22/15 6:06 pm

There is a light I promise. 

NoRegrets4Me
on 8/23/15 12:51 pm
VSG on 04/21/15

It will get better very soon! I felt the same way and on day 7 I 1as like ok I feel ok today! And it's only gotten better every day since, hang in there! It's really important to get those fluids in so your body can get better!

Nancy
on 8/23/15 9:56 pm - Kasson, MN

Just take sips through the day,  warmer water (ho****er) worked better for me.  Something about the cold made me feel more crampy.  I would also freeze sugar free power aid or Gatorade and Popsicles!  Just try a few different things and see what works best for you!

Luvmygs
on 8/25/15 12:00 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

There definitely is a wonderful BRIGHT light at the end! I asked my self the same thing after 2-3 days and even told my husband, "what was I thinking." But day by by you'll start to feel much better. You gotta get the liquids in, one sip at a time. Hang-in-there, you will NOT regret this decision. Check out on the Forum "Vertical Sleeve". There's also the "WLS Lightweights". You can do this.

Valerie G.
on 8/26/15 9:12 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

There will only be a light at the end of the tunnel if you drink 64oz per day..starting right NOW.

This is not a number to work up to.  This is what your body needs as a minimum requirement.  I drink three times this amount daily myself, so no excuses.  Dehydration leads to fatigue, nausea, and then kidney stones...so don't expect anything better unless you're willing to push yourself.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes