Sometimes I Just Don't Like People.

Laura in Texas
on 8/22/15 5:39 am

What an ass. Why did they not stay with your extended family who invited them? Or does your extended family live with you? You need to tell whoever invited them that the visitors are no longer welcome in your house and not to invite them there again. Do not put up with that crap again. Stand up for yourself.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

doing_good
on 8/22/15 6:17 am

They're leaving this morning, finally! I have the. Bigger (nicer) house so everyone congregates here. Which is usually good. But enough.

AmyDee123
on 8/22/15 9:14 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

1. He's an ass, and I would have said something back.  If the children were present it would have been something backhanded like "Oh, no please, you definitely look like you need it more than I do."  If there were not children present I would have unloaded directly and then had them leave while making it clear that they needed learn some manners and that they are not welcome back.

2. I would have a discussion with family to let them know that you need to approve of all people staying at your home, and that if they have people coming in but cannot accommodate their guests themselves that they find other accommodations or tell their guests they need to be respectful.

3. Don't let people disrespect you any longer.  Not standing up for yourself is tantamount to disrespecting yourself.  You deserve more.  Being cordial is one thing, but manners and respect should be expected from everyone who calls themselves an adult.  

Call me old fashioned, but I am appalled at the way people treat each other now.  I am as accommodating and kind to everyone around me and would never think to say something or do something rude to anyone until they gave me cause to.  I have been walked all over for years and taken advantage of.  I stopped allowing it about a year ago, and I lost a good number of "friends" for it.  But I realized that they were using me instead of actually being my friend.  No more.  I hate most people.  And I would rather have only 2 or 3 friends, than a gaggle of idiots who call me a friend so they can use me as a punching bag.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

doing_good
on 8/22/15 9:46 am

Yep, I'm usually pretty upfront with people. I try to not be combative. But I agree with you. I've been nice and I end up with emotional (comfort) eating problems. I'll bet that as a group we really do abuse ourselves which lead to our weight issues. At least most of us.

AmyDee123
on 8/22/15 1:36 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

You deserve better, and soon you will be giving better to yourself.  Not many will put you first, but you can, and always should.  I'm glad you recognize it.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Laura in Texas
on 8/22/15 2:46 pm

3. Don't let people disrespect you any longer.  Not standing up for yourself is tantamount to disrespecting yourself.  

Exactly. I believe learning to stand up for myself is one of the reasons I am still at goal 7 years later. It affects all areas of our lives.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

NYMom222
on 8/22/15 10:20 am
RNY on 07/23/14

He was rude and an Ass... capital "A".... I have one of those homes people like to 'suggest' people stay here. I have a nice home, not huge...but it was always me and my son and now it is just me. So they think - you have more room- .... Doesn't mean I have to say yes. I kind of like it better when it is my idea, because that usually means I am in the mood.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Neesie57
on 8/22/15 6:04 am, edited 8/22/15 6:07 am
VSG on 08/04/15

You're doing the right, healthy thing for yourself, but his rudeness will last a lifetime.  Those are the kinds of things that people say that never leave our minds.  He needs to learn some manners.

Karen M.
on 8/22/15 1:44 pm - Mississauga, Canada

You know what? They're just ******** plain and simple. If it wasn't your weight they commented on, it would have been something else - simply because they're ******** Hope they're gone soon and obviously, they're not welcome to "visit" again.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

SkinnyScientist
on 8/22/15 3:39 pm

IN the future, Dont open your home to these people (or any people YOU didnt specifically invite). Like are you a hotel/restaurant *** no). I dont know why you should be the responsible party when other people decided to be "hospitable".

IN other words...THEIR invitations are "Not your Circus. Not your monkeys"

Sorry you have been doormatted and abused by your guests AND extended family.

PS. If you extended family has keys to your house. Now would be the time to change the locks and NOT share with them

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !