Sometimes I Just Don't Like People.

doing_good
on 8/21/15 5:24 pm

So I've lost over 100 lbs. since my consult. And usually I feel pretty good about that. Granted, I still have 80 lbs to go, but I'll get there. 
Well, some friends are here visiting from out of town. I've been hospitable, pleasant even. I've opened my home to them even though they aren't technically my friends, more friends of the family. And it is MY home. I own it. No one but me. And I pay for the food, the lights, yada, yada...okay, I'm ranting. Sorry. Back to the story. I wasn't the one that invited them here, my extended family did. I've fed them for two days already and put up with their semi-rudeness even while trying to be nice. I thought that maybe they could return the favor tonight and maybe offer to feed me and my son or buy a pizza or just something. Anyway, at dinner the guy says to me "I'd try to get that bratwurst from you (I didn't have one and wasn't eating that, btw) but you're bigger than me." Well, I'm not. I may outweigh him by 25 lbs. TOPS. But he's a bit shorter and pudgy. I work out daily and am starting to finally see what a difference that makes. Pffft. People.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/21/15 5:39 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

He was being a douchebag, making jokes at your expense. Sorry you had to put up with that. Hopefully they'll be gone soon so you can get back the serenity of a peaceful home. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

doing_good
on 8/21/15 6:34 pm

Oh I hope so. And not a minute too soon. Yes, I used to be fatter and that's what they know of me. But I'm trying and that's mean. I would just never be that rude.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 8/21/15 6:45 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

He sounds like a real asshat.  

Sorry you had to put up with that.  Good riddance to him

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

doing_good
on 8/21/15 7:23 pm

Thank you. Yes, it'll pass. But geez. Why be so rude? I'M BEING AS NICE AS I CAN BE!!!!!! Using my weight to be rude? Wth? Yep.

Kiwideb
on 8/21/15 9:15 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

I think I'd be having an 'emergency' situation about to happen, with a post it with the directions to the nearest hotel as you 'have to be away'

that sucks!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 8/21/15 10:45 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I don't hate people.  I just like it a lot better when they're not around - Bukowski 

Don't let this get you down.  You were extremely kind to bring them into your home. They are classless rubes who should be grateful for your hospitality. They have more problems than you can shake a stick at.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

doing_good
on 8/22/15 5:47 am

Love that quote! Thanks for that!

NikkiL2015
on 8/22/15 12:40 am - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

I'm so sorry you had to go through that!!! How awful.  You know what they say though, people make others feel bad in order to make themselves feel better.  Maybe he is feeling jealous of all your accomplishments and doesn't know how to deal with that appropriately.  I would send him packing!  Head up and know that you are the better person!!! Congrats on all your hard work!!! I can't wait til I can say I have lost 100 pounds!!!

doing_good
on 8/22/15 5:52 am

And you will, too! Cuz we rock! I think you're right about the jealous thing, tho.