Can I Be "Snarky" for a Moment??? :)

SkinnyScientist
on 8/20/15 8:36 am

Huh?

I dont understand the last part. But any rate, when have you ever been deliberately mean or unappreciative?  

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/15 8:39 am

It was a joke the last part. 

SkinnyScientist
on 8/20/15 8:42 am

Oh.

And i am sorry about the tough times you have faced.  No one goes into marriage hoping they will dissolve. And miscarriages are terribly heartbreaking.  Seeing a mom get sick with breastcancer, is scary on many many different levels.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/15 8:48 am

My marriage is fine but other things happened in my life. But the list could go on and on. I am 48 and I know that is not old but a lot of stuff can happen in ones life that is not planned on.  My point is when you see someone who is struggling you never really know what they are going through. 

I am very open about pretty much everything in my life. Some people just keep things to themselves and no one ever knows the pain that they are in.  

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/20/15 7:26 am
On August 19, 2015 at 2:58 PM Pacific Time, Corrie33 wrote:

Actually, with my new 'super-nose'... I've been smelling alcohol on her a lot.  Like oozing out of her skin.  And I know she likes her whiskey.  And I also know how many calories there are in booze.  The weight in her face looks puffy... like she's been hitting the bottle lately.  But the weight gain in her body is a different story.

I would never say anything to her or anyone else at the office, and again... I don't 'dislike' her... but it is kinda fun to see 'Miss Perfect' have to deal with real life issues for once.  

(I guess that makes me the jealous one... ummm... saucer of milk for one, please - meow!!)

Could please read that as if someone one day can think of you if you have some regain?  Now how that's feel? 

Karma is a *****  Make sure it does not catch up with you..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/15 7:29 am

Trust me the Miss Perfect's in this world have as many problems as we do. Also menopause does not make you swell up. I am only 48 and I have lost weight since surgery. I was post menopausal. 

Karen M.
on 8/20/15 8:23 am - Mississauga, Canada

Actually, with my new 'super-nose'... I've been smelling alcohol on her a lot.  Like oozing out of her skin.  And I know she likes her whiskey.  And I also know how many calories there are in booze.  The weight in her face looks puffy... like she's been hitting the bottle lately.  But the weight gain in her body is a different story.

I would never say anything to her or anyone else at the office, and again... I don't 'dislike' her... but it is kinda fun to see 'Miss Perfect' have to deal with real life issues for once.  

(I guess that makes me the jealous one... ummm... saucer of milk for one, please - meow!!)

You need to stick your "super nose" elsewhere. I sincerely hope your coworkers and bosses can see the "ugly" underneath. Wow.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/20/15 8:26 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You're upset that she's (apparently) judging you for your health issues/decisions.

Now YOU'RE judging her for her (potential) health issues.

Hmm...

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

ladygodiva1228
on 8/20/15 10:17 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

You are not going to tell me she gained 45lbs in a few weeks by drinking alcohol.  One of my sisters is an alcoholic and she has never gained a large amount of weight in very little time.  Maybe over a few years, but definitely not in a few weeks. 

How will you feel if she has a life threatening health issue and dies from it?  Will it make you happy?

Just remember Karma is a ***** and she will come back to get you. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Gwen M.
on 8/19/15 3:20 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm the same way she is regarding compliments.  I hate when people compliment my body and I hate complimenting other people's bodies in return.  I just don't think that bodies should be a topic of conversation since you never know where someone is with their own.  Maybe she's the same way and all the gushing makes her uncomfortable so she knows she's better off just removing herself and walking away in those situations.  

I hope she's okay and doesn't have something serious going on with her health - physical or mental.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)