Can I Be "Snarky" for a Moment??? :)

SkinnyScientist
on 8/20/15 8:04 am

I DO try to be compassionate. However, it is those that just everything handed to them, and have problems being supportive to others, that get theirs eventually, that causes the satisfaction.

The above colleague. Would signing a get well card been that Hard?  You dont have to support the surgery. It is supporting the "Thinking of you, hope to see you soon."  That was all truthful and came out nice....that is all

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

rocky513
on 8/20/15 8:14 am - WI

Did it ever occur to you that she may have not been around the day the card was signed?  Maybe the person in charge of the card forgot to ask her or sealed it up before she had the chance to sign and just sent it out anyway?   Were you around to see what actually transpired?  Could this be YOUR issue and not hers?

Shame on you!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

SkinnyScientist
on 8/20/15 8:33 am

Did it ever occur to you that she may have not been around the day the card was signed

-This is a reasonable scenerio.

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/15 9:04 am

Or people in the office ignored her because she was perfect?

Miss Liss
on 8/20/15 8:37 am

There are some genuinely mean and nasty ******** out there in this world.  I get that.  And eventually what goes around comes around.  I get that too, but from the limited information I have to go on in this post, this person wasn't one of them.  The poster never says anywhere that this person has ever been mean to them.  Just silent.  Maybe that silence was a good thing.  Maybe her coworker has some issue with WLS and rather than drag the poster down with her comments and opinions, she remained silent so as not to rain on her parade.  Also, a weight gain of about 45 pounds in just a few weeks isn't just someone gaining weight.  That is indicative of a serious health issue I would think.  And relishing in someone being really sick just doesn't seem right no matter what they may have done to you.  But that's okay.  We can agree to disagree.  I'm fine with that.  I hope you have a happy and positive day. 

SkinnyScientist
on 8/20/15 8:40 am

I hope you have a happy and positive day.  

Thank you.  I am trying to. My computer crashed this morning and I lost a lot of work. Cranky but looking forward to running and body pump.

And thank you for just agreeing to disagree rather than writing me off as the "Slug de-Jour". People are different and everyone has their thing. 

The Salty Hag
on 8/20/15 9:44 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Regarding the "newly troubled" coworker's silence-that was my first thought too; that the coworker was showing restraint or being "Switzerland" instead of being hurtful or hateful. The coworker, if she had an issue with WLS or had an issue with the OP herself, remained silent rather than voice her opinion which may have hurt the OP's feelings. I think remaining silent rather than voicing negativity actually shows some class. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/15 8:10 am

Have you ever had the rug pulled out from underneath you? Husband comes home and says he is leaving? Having four miscarriages and having to act like things are normal. Finding out your mother has stage three breast cancer? Life is not always easy. But I don't think jabbing a knife when someone is down is the right thing to do. 

It is one thing if it was a person tormenting you for years about the way you look. That is one thing. People never know what is happening in ones life. 

Also if she had a bender the night before in a bar. Meaning went out and drank a ton of booze it can still come out of your pores the next day.

SkinnyScientist
on 8/20/15 8:21 am

Have you ever had the rug pulled out from underneath you? 

-All the time...usually about 5 times a year...

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/15 8:26 am

Well did you think the examples I pulled from my arse. Actually the rug usually got pulled before I put my ice skates on when I skated with Tonya Harding.