Can I Be "Snarky" for a Moment??? :)

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/20/15 9:00 am

And yet on the outside - with your good education, good husband, good insurance, skating for fun, having time to go to a gym - you may look like " you have it all". 

I am sorry life was unkind to you.  But ... Many others deal with their own life experience. 

I sure had my share. And then some - but... That made more understanding... 

I am not her to share my troubles ...or life experience... Trust me, I would win in "poor me..I had hard life ..,"

But my life made me more humble... More understanding for others.  Maybe one da. You get there... Maybe one day you see your life experience as your learning experience... Somtimg that possibly can make you a better person.

I sure hope so...  

Btw - I know a lot of people who looks like "have it all" ...and some of them do... Rich, skinny, beautifull..  But they deal with their own demons... Their own issues...  I learned to look past "all is perfect" and see the real hear and soul.. . sometimes - this the image they project, very humble people who don't want to trouble others with their issues... 

I just don't get the hostility you displayed.  You know that the true "have it all don't give shut about others" probably don't even realize you exist... Your dislike towards those people hurts only you... It is eating you... Not them... One day - when you are ready to truly let it go... See yourself as someone *****ally have it all - you will be free and much more happy. 

I truly wish that for you.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/20/15 9:06 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You know, I see this kind of snark and non-compassion from someone who's previously gotten on a soapbox about others on OH being negative and unhelpful and block-worthy, and while it might make me angry, it mostly makes me sad.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Grim_Traveller
on 8/20/15 10:26 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Sometimes, Hala, I want to kiss you right on the mouth. 

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/20/15 1:42 pm

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between 2 "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Gwen M.
on 8/20/15 8:33 am
VSG on 03/13/14

And you know that this woman does all those things how, exactly?  And you feel that she deserves to be treated with cruelty instead of compassion why, exactly?  

Neither of those things make you a nice person.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Karen M.
on 8/20/15 8:16 am - Mississauga, Canada

Oh my god - I'm near speechless with the response from "SS", who very clearly is in need of mental health intervention. I don't usually have to read anything she writes since she blocked me - today, I'm extremely grateful that I'm blocked.  How utterly evil and disturbed. I'm disgusted.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/20/15 9:06 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Proof that "skinny" doesn't always equal "beautiful" perhaps.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/20/15 2:33 pm - OH

Ditto what Kim and Karen both said... from another very successful long-term vet that "Skinny Scientist" apparently blocked when we simply disagreed with her and had the audacity to question some things she wrote.

I'm glad I didn't have to read any more of her nonsense on this thread. (To the OP: I am glad you now see how this post came off to many of the rest of us. People who appear to "have it all" sometimes have deeper psychological wounds than you could possibly imagine. Please remember that skinny on the outside doesn't cancel out ugly on the inside... As evidenced by "SS"'s posts)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Karen M.
on 8/20/15 6:29 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I shouldn't say this (I'll likely be moderated) - you know why she blocked me? Because I kindly suggested she was worrying too much and might consider counselling.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Miss Liss
on 8/20/15 7:24 am

Just because it appears someone has the "perfect" life doesn't mean that they do.  Appearances can be very deceiving.  You never know what people are dealing with behind closed doors.  And kicking people when they are down should never be fun.  We should all try and be a little more compassionate towards others.  The world would certainly be a better place.  And even if a person is mean and nasty, it doesn't mean that I have to stoop to their low.  Just a thought.