Can I Be "Snarky" for a Moment??? :)

zann50
on 8/21/15 4:26 pm
On August 19, 2015 at 2:18 PM Pacific Time, Corrie33 wrote:

I know this isn't very nice, but I gotta get it off my chest, and it doesn't exactly fit in the "B*tch-Fest" forum.  

All the people in my office have been SO wonderful and supportive about my WLS and my entire journey so far.  They are actively engaged with me about my new lifestyle and are genuinely happy for me.  All, but one, that is.  

This one (nameless) person has always been very health-oriented... she's a vegetarian, very fit,  and she's tall and slim/muscular with a perfect build.  She's never had an extra pound on her in the 17 years I've known her.  She's always been able to eat as much as she wants without gaining a pound... she's one of those 'naturally thin' people that has never had to worry about weight gain.  In the past I have ALWAYS complimented her on her pretty figure and her cute clothes, and told her how envious I am that she's never had to watch her weight.  She's always said thank you graciously, but has never returned or offered any kind of compliment.  Ever.

Anyway, from day one when I first announced my plans to begin this journey almost 2 years ago, she has been completely silent.  She has not spoken out for or against my WLS either way.  But she clearly gives off a disapproving vibe.  She was the only one in the office that didn't sign my get-well card while I was in the hospital or get on the phone when the whole office called me to wish me a speedy recovery.  That's okay.  I don't expect everyone to be onboard.  I'm cool with that.  

Now that I've lost over 100 pounds, got all new clothes and look completely different... still - not a word from her.  Even when others have complimented me or even gushed about my new figure/clothes in her presence.  She stays conspicuously silent or walks away abruptly. I could be way off base, but I get the feeling her disapproval about WLS has now turned to jealousy.  She's no longer the only tall, fit woman in the office now.  Again - no big... I can live with that.

HOWEVER!!!  In the last 2-3 weeks she's been putting on LOTS of weight!  I can see it in her face, her hips, and definitely her belly.  She's suddenly wearing super baggy, unattractive clothing that is so unlike her.  I'd say she's gained about 45 pounds.  She's menopause age, so my guess is that's what's happening.

So... just for a minute... just to get it off my chest... bare with me for a second while I get my 'snarky' on...

NEINER NEINER NEINER!!!  HA HA HA HA... YOU'RE FAT NOW!!!  TAKE THAT!!!  NOW YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES!!!  NOW YOU GET TO LEARN WHAT IT'S LIKE TO COUNT CALORIES!!!  NOW YOU GET TO KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND GO OMG, WHO'S THAT FAT GIRL?  NOW YOU GET TO KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO GO TO BED WITH A GROWLING, HUNGRY STOMACH ONLY TO WAKE UP AND HAVE GAINED YET ANOTHER POUND!!!  NOW YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO REACH FOR YOUR FAVORITE JEANS AND NOT BE ABLE TO BUTTON THEM!!!  NEINER NEINER PUMPKIN EATER!!!!  

Okay... I'm better now.  We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.  

Just a thought, maybe she just never really liked you regardless of your weight.  Hence, she didn't fake it with signing a card.  Just say'in

Zann

VGS- 2015

Jen R.
on 8/25/15 12:01 pm - VA

I understand where you are coming from. It's odd that she is the only one who hasn't been happy for you.

I do this this was for the  "B*tch-Fest" forum, because you probably have had some flack here :(  It's possible she has weight problems too.

Jen      

MAchick
on 8/25/15 9:45 am, edited 8/25/15 9:47 am
VSG on 01/27/14

"You can always tell who the strong women are. They are the ones you see building each other up instead of tearing each other down."

Edit: Not posting this to point fingers or criticize, but rather as a reminder that we're all women with struggles. I come back to this often to keep myself going.