Can I Be "Snarky" for a Moment??? :)

Corrie33
on 8/19/15 2:18 pm, edited 8/19/15 2:36 pm
RNY on 02/09/15

I know this isn't very nice, but I gotta get it off my chest, and it doesn't exactly fit in the "B*tch-Fest" forum.  

All the people in my office have been SO wonderful and supportive about my WLS and my entire journey so far.  They are actively engaged with me about my new lifestyle and are genuinely happy for me.  All, but one, that is.  

This one (nameless) person has always been very health-oriented... she's a vegetarian, very fit,  and she's tall and slim/muscular with a perfect build.  She's never had an extra pound on her in the 17 years I've known her.  She's always been able to eat as much as she wants without gaining a pound... she's one of those 'naturally thin' people that has never had to worry about weight gain.  In the past I have ALWAYS complimented her on her pretty figure and her cute clothes, and told her how envious I am that she's never had to watch her weight.  She's always said thank you graciously, but has never returned or offered any kind of compliment.  Ever.

Anyway, from day one when I first announced my plans to begin this journey almost 2 years ago, she has been completely silent.  She has not spoken out for or against my WLS either way.  But she clearly gives off a disapproving vibe.  She was the only one in the office that didn't sign my get-well card while I was in the hospital or get on the phone when the whole office called me to wish me a speedy recovery.  That's okay.  I don't expect everyone to be onboard.  I'm cool with that.  

Now that I've lost over 100 pounds, got all new clothes and look completely different... still - not a word from her.  Even when others have complimented me or even gushed about my new figure/clothes in her presence.  She stays conspicuously silent or walks away abruptly. I could be way off base, but I get the feeling her disapproval about WLS has now turned to jealousy.  She's no longer the only tall, fit woman in the office now.  Again - no big... I can live with that.

HOWEVER!!!  In the last 2-3 weeks she's been putting on LOTS of weight!  I can see it in her face, her hips, and definitely her belly.  She's suddenly wearing super baggy, unattractive clothing that is so unlike her.  I'd say she's gained about 45 pounds.  She's menopause age, so my guess is that's what's happening.

So... just for a minute... just to get it off my chest... bare with me for a second while I get my 'snarky' on...

NEINER NEINER NEINER!!!  HA HA HA HA... YOU'RE FAT NOW!!!  TAKE THAT!!!  NOW YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES!!!  NOW YOU GET TO LEARN WHAT IT'S LIKE TO COUNT CALORIES!!!  NOW YOU GET TO KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND GO OMG, WHO'S THAT FAT GIRL?  NOW YOU GET TO KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO GO TO BED WITH A GROWLING, HUNGRY STOMACH ONLY TO WAKE UP AND HAVE GAINED YET ANOTHER POUND!!!  NOW YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO REACH FOR YOUR FAVORITE JEANS AND NOT BE ABLE TO BUTTON THEM!!!  NEINER NEINER PUMPKIN EATER!!!!  

Okay... I'm better now.  We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.  

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

Corrie33
on 8/19/15 2:23 pm
RNY on 02/09/15

PS:  You know I'm kidding, right?  

(Sorta.)  

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

Ashley in Belgium
on 8/20/15 9:35 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Cry me a river.

Boo-hoo. She is the only one who hasn't gushed about your transformation and didn't sign a card??  Wow.  Do you work in a Junior High School?  She should be telling you at every opportunity how great you look and how happy and healthy you must be now that you've lost such a ton of weight.   I'm sure you've complimented her plenty of times over the 17 years you've known her about how good she looks.  Asking her how much she weighs?  How she manages to stay so slim?  Hmm, somehow I doubt it.  Maybe that's because she could sense that you are the kind of person who is happy to see her stumble.  Happy to see her struggle.  Enjoying her weight gain?!?

Wow - clue in here Corrie - that is not being snarky, that is being a cold hearted *****  

Am I the only one who thinks that weight isn't even a topic to be discussed at work in general?  I mean seriously?  You want people to discuss openly your weight?  You better be on plan 100%, get to Goal and NEVER have any bounce back because those stones you are throwing will break your glass house. 

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Laura in Texas
on 8/20/15 2:46 pm

I totally agree, Ashley. Weight is not something to be discussed at work. I never talked about my surgery or weight loss unless asked and then kept my answers short and sweet. I did not expect compliments nor did I want them.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

diane48
on 8/19/15 2:32 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

Ha, ha, ha!  Snark away!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/20/15 7:36 am
On August 19, 2015 at 2:32 PM Pacific Time, diane48 wrote:

Ha, ha, ha!  Snark away!

You really thought this was funny?  Deal with regain or any health issues lately? How would you feel if that was about you?  

I just don't get that... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

diane48
on 8/20/15 9:22 am
RNY on 05/07/13

I'm sorry if I was insensitive.  I know the OP was joking and I was trying to joke too.  I hadn't thought of this other person's possible health issues.  Again, I apologize. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/20/15 1:11 pm

This is very nice of you to say that. Thank you. 

Sometimes it is hard to admit that we are not ...nice... 

Btw - I am not perfect, and I had my share saying stupid things in the past... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

diane48
on 8/20/15 1:20 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

I have always admired you for your opinions and I know your journey has not been easy.  Thanks. 

ladygodiva1228
on 8/19/15 2:35 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I can see where your coming from.

I wonder if she has a serious medical condition and it is not menopause.  Gaining that much weight in less than a month would throw up red flags to me. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl