Why will nothing stay put!!!

gerinurse1375
on 8/20/15 7:45 am

I'm at a loss right now.  Week and a half post op after surgery, GBP, and no matter what I eat it stays a whole 2 min before I am running to the bathroom.  I'm only on liquids and purees.  Protein shakes, eggs, sugar free jello, broth, carnation instant bf, strained soups, etc... Nothing will stay.  Even when I drink crystal light my stomach is rumbling. I'm hopeful it's because of the added amount of IV fluids they gave me in the hospital and due to 3rd spacing and in the next few weeks will pass.  I'm thinking of trying fiber and probiotics. Had dumping syndrome post gallbladder removal and this is not it.   Anyone have any advice?

Kathy S.
on 8/20/15 9:56 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Call your surgeon!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

daisylilah
on 8/20/15 10:55 pm

What does your doctor say?  I'm 5 years out and liquid was first 3 weeks then 3 weeks of puree food then regular food. Also helps to get a timer so you can set it for at least 5 minutes in between bites. 

Good luck. 

Valerie G.
on 8/21/15 5:42 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

A call to the doc never hurts. This doesn't sound normal to me.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

gerinurse1375
on 8/22/15 7:16 am

Spoke to the Doc.  All is perfectly normal.  Told me to add really mashed bananas, unsweetened apple sauce, and G2 gatorade.  Said it's just my body adjusting from surgery and in time will pass.  He reiterated hydration at this point and keep on the great work.  So, fingers crossed!!! :)