Eating to early post op

Godislov3
on 8/19/15 7:53 pm

Ok I'm 9 days post op and I've ate food...Maybe two hand ful of chips...did I mess something up...is my pouch going to be stretched..help and advice please

NikkyBeauty
on 8/19/15 10:46 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

At 9days post op I'm sure your full liquids or purée and that's for a reason to allow your stomach to heal you should definitely be following your surgeons plan at this stage and not diverting from that! No your pouch is not stretched! But your main focus should be meeting your hydration,vitamins and protein goals! You can cause serious damage by not following the rules I suggest you stick to your surgeons plan and not test the waters!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Doingrightin2015
on 8/20/15 2:09 am
RNY on 03/10/15

agree with above poster an want to add....where do chips come in on your plan? DONT start now eating the bad stuff!! Make this work to the fullest for you!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

Grim_Traveller
on 8/20/15 4:32 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Let the chips soak in a bowl of water first, then put them in a blender to make them safe.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

ladygodiva1228
on 8/20/15 4:35 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On August 19, 2015 at 7:53 PM Pacific Time, Godislov3 wrote:

Ok I'm 9 days post op and I've ate food...Maybe two hand ful of chips...did I mess something up...is my pouch going to be stretched..help and advice please

Why are you eating food and of all things ****ty chips.  Really?  Did you not get a handout for what your post op eating is supposed to be? 

Yes I am being harsh, but if you keep NOT following your surgeons plan then not only will not lose all your weight, but once the honeymoon period is over you be sure as **** that you gain the weight right back. 

If aren't going to be compliant with how WLS works and what needs to be done to be successful then you have not only wasted your time getting the surgery, but also the surgeons time. 

Do you think surgeons like to see their patients fail?  No they don't, but they can't hold your hand everyday to make sure YOU are doing things right.

Stop eating food and work the tool you have.

gerinurse1375
on 8/20/15 7:55 am

I'll admit I've had lots of cravings..Like every other commercial on tv is food.  However before surgery I cleaned house.  Got rid of trigger foods.   Stocked up on things I was told to eat and that are best for me.  I'll admit I do suck on a sugar free piece of hard candy if I'm craving something sweet but that is it.  You have worked too hard and have come this far.  You owe it to yourself and your body to treat it right.  Good luck!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/20/15 10:21 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Stretched? Doubtful.

Food stuck in staple line? Staples dislodged and things getting leaky? Absolutely possible, and far more dangerous.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

ontheroadoncemore1
on 8/20/15 10:31 am

I am 8 days out and I am eating eggs, tuna, soft noodles in soup. Went for follow up on Wednesday and was given permission to take hot bath and get in pool. Also when I told her I started eating refried beans she said go ahead with foods I can handle. So far no problems. No chips, not going to try rough foods.

Mary Gee
on 8/21/15 2:52 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Nine days out and two handsfull of chips....things don't look good.  To be successful, you have to commit to the program.  Help and advice:  Eat what is listed on your surgeon's plan.  Nothing else. Otherwise, hold on to the clothes you have now.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Valerie G.
on 8/21/15 5:48 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'd hate to think you went through all of this trouble to get no results.  Sweep this experience under the rug, pull out your eating plan and stick to that from here on out.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes