Mourning pizza

jamrodriguez
on 8/19/15 10:08 pm

I totally agree with what others have said about avoiding putting yourself in that situation. I also try to carry a protein shake with me in my purse when I go out for errands in case I need to eat. 

It really will get easier. My first week post op food was all I could think about. I got super depressed and crabby and resentful. But every day is a little easier. Try some recipes that will give you some of the same flavors as the fooda you miss. For instance, theworldaccordingtoeggface has a great recipe for baked ricotta that you can have in the pureed or soft foods phase. It's like the inside of lasagna.

keep going and keep making good decisions!

NikkiL2015
on 8/21/15 6:06 pm, edited 8/21/15 6:07 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

My son is a Jazz Musician and had a performance shortly after I got out of the hospital from my VSG.  His performance was, you guessed it, at a Pizza Parlor!  I didn't bring anything with me because I thought "for sure they would have a salad bar that will have cottage cheese" nope, just like your situation, they did not.  I tried a bite of the cheese off of my mother's pizza (who is a year and a half post-op) it was totally not worth it.  It wasn't good anymore like I remembered.  Pizza is actually what I had been craving since surgery as well.... Now days food that is "bad for me" just doesn't taste right and doesn't satisfy me.  I get a lot of my recipes from bariatricfoodie.com and bariatriccookery.com  Good Luck to you!!! It will get better!!!