two weeks out and I am alway hungry

Mrskilmister
on 8/14/15 8:03 am
VSG on 07/31/15 with

I was sleeved 7/31 and my appetite only increases with time.  Is this normal?   I had one full cup of cottage cheese for breakfast and an hour later I was hungry again.   Anybody feeling the same

Tracy D.
on 8/14/15 8:21 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Wellll....what I will tell you is that 1 cup of anything at 1 week out is a ridiculously large amount of food to be eating.  I can't imagine that your doctor's office didn't give you strict guidelines on the amount and volume to eat at this point - ??  Usually 1/4 c. or less of food is the most that you should be doing at one sitting this early on.

The "hunger" you are experiencing isn't probably real...it's probably all the excess acid your stomach is still producing because it thinks you still have a full tummy.  Excess acid totally mimics ravenous hunger.  Try this -- the next time you think you're hungry, pop a couple Tums.  If that helps then you definitely have acid issues and should take a PPI daily if you aren't already doing so.  And if you are taking a PPI, you may need something stronger.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Mrskilmister
on 8/14/15 1:58 pm
VSG on 07/31/15 with

I did not say one week.   I am two weeks out and today I had cottage cheese for the first time since surgery and I was hungry again soon after I ate

Tracy D.
on 8/14/15 2:03 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Week 1 or 2 - no difference. A full cup of anything is too much. Did you measure it?  Maybe it was less. Regardless, my info on stomach acid still holds true. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

meanjelly
on 8/14/15 12:55 pm, edited 8/14/15 12:55 pm

yeah, I am 7 weeks out and can only eat 4 oz of cottage cheese or yogurt. 

RNY 6/26/15       HW360      SW290      GW200

akanikkie
on 8/14/15 8:23 am
VSG on 04/27/15

I find if I am not getting enough water in, I have "hunger" feelings.  Also, my head-hunger is an actual monster lol.  I just have to force myself not to give in.  Best wishes!

HW: 448; SW: 376; CW: 321

Hislady
on 8/14/15 6:48 pm - Vancouver, WA

Also a big issue is that the nerves in your stomach were cut and it will take several weeks to a couple of months for them to heal. During that time you won't really be able to get true signals from the stomach, that is why it is so important to weigh and measure everything that you eat because your stomach is a big fat liar right now. You aren't getting factual info from it.

The acid issue is very real I've known lots of people who would swear they were starving and were eating way to much. Most of them haven't done very well because they got used to eating too much in the beginning and just kept it up. So it is very important to address the problems from the get go so you can be one of the successful sleevers, not one who has to fight for every ounce they lose. Listen to the vets they know their stuff!

Kathyjs
on 8/15/15 1:23 pm

I am a 13 year successful vet and no way could/would I eat a full cup of cottage cheese. Every time you feel this. 'Hunger  ' drink some water. You have a long journey ahead of you, don't sabotage it this early . Sugar free Popsicles helped me