Fit bit recommendations

MelodyMay
on 8/13/15 8:06 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

Hello. I am jump starting my workout regimen and have been researching Fit Bits. Do you have any recommendations? Did you buy one that kept falling off or broke quickly? Please let me know..it's a lot of money and I don't want to have to buy them over and over again..

Thanks!

Melody

HW: 394 SW: 359 GW: 187

Bonroxie19
on 8/13/15 8:27 pm

I use the fitbit surge.  You can view everything on the face of the watch.  It is large and not very pretty but does everything I want it to do.  It shows your steps how many floors etc.   keep it away from water.  You can set it for run walk hike. Weights bike. Etc.  just a great tool.  And my fitbit and fitness pal work together 

Bonnie RNY 2/11/15 by Dr. Takahaski

5'3" SW 230 pounds, GW per Dr. Takahaski 150 pounds, CW 132 pounds (10/1/17)

BMI 19% Bod Pod test 1/29/17 13.1 mile half marathon, 1 hour 59 mins (8/21/2017)

SkinnyScientist
on 8/14/15 6:22 am

I was gifted a used surge by the lady at the rink (who also struggled with MO and totally got my "melt down" about PCOS and fear of becoming MO and sick again...which was exasperated (Not triggered cuz I was already scared and worried) when my endo put me on Metformin. I am now seeking counseling..). Anywya, I love the surge. It does more in the sense of being able to see who called and texted when synced to a smart phone (which are features I dont use cuz my phone is dumb). Where I found it REALLY excelled as compared to the HR is that their is more buttons to use to select options and your stats (steps, calories, and etc) are held on the screen as long as you want (because you have three buttons and one of them is to "shut off" the stat display after completeion of a workout).  With the HR..the stat flashes by ONCE and then you have to check it on the computer. When I an at the gy,m, people in my kickbox class want to SEE the calories burned and heart rate stuff (i.e. they find me and then log my calorie count as their "burn" into whatever program they use cuz they dont have HR monitors).

When running, the display can be set to show the time workinng out, heart rate AND calorie burn all on the same screen (cuz it is that big).

So I like the surge I was gifted and wear it daily.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Kathy S.
on 8/13/15 8:41 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I use the FitBit HR and love it.  Do a search and you will see there has been a lot of discussion about it.  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

RNY0615
on 8/13/15 9:10 pm

I have a jawbone up.  Much more economical and I've used it for 6 months with no issues!  Love it and the app for it is great.  It also syncs with my fitness pal.  

mschwab
on 8/13/15 9:51 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

I use the regular Fitbit and I love it. I've had the same one for a couple of years. No issues at all. 

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/14/15 2:54 am

I use fitbit HR. I love it . it was an upgrade from fitbit flex. 

Fitbit he has secure clasp, like a watch. It is small enough to wear every day and at night. It also show time so my watch is no longer required.  I only take it to shower - and I also charge it then.  

Great thing - Is you can buy it in Wal-Mart - try it and if you don't like - return. 

I tracks my sleep.  I really like it. But as any device like that is only acurate (number of steps) with Some error - I.e. rapid arm movement- makes it think I run... But any device you wear on your wrist will do that. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Jen H.
on 8/14/15 4:42 am - Davie, FL
RNY on 09/09/14

I use the Misfit Shine and really love it.  It looks more like jewelry and I have several band options.  It's also waterproof so is great for tracking swimming.  The sleep tracking is very accurate and shows light and deep sleep and wakefulness for any bathroom trips in the night.

SkinnyScientist
on 8/14/15 6:24 am

I miss band options and have wished the surge looked like jewelry but alas...I look like sporty spice in office attire.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

MelodyMay
on 8/18/15 12:19 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

Nordstrom.com has a Tory Burch fitbit that looks like jewerly..a bit expensive at $175, but its got a leather band.

Melody

HW: 394 SW: 359 GW: 187