Had VSG on August 12th

L_Ballantyne1962
on 8/16/15 2:22 pm - Canada

Had my surgery on August 12th and I am feeling pretty good. I know I am not getting in all the protein that I should be but my tummy is telling me to go slow. Sooo I am listening. I have not needed any pain meds since the 15th, although I am tired. I find that I go for a 15 minute walk or outing and I need to rest when I get home. I would say the worse part was the gas pain in my tummy from the air that is put into your abdomen for the surgery. Getting that going and moving was painful for me but by day 3 it was pretty much gone. I felt it in my tummy, chest, back and shoulder blades. Can be a little scary because it presents like signs of other things that are dangerous. I have been eating whey protein shakes, boost, applesauce, chicken or beef broth, yogurt, sugar free popsicles, and sipping water all day.

Laura

murphyjo
on 8/16/15 3:54 pm

Congrats! I am happy to hear you are on the mend And doing well.  My surgery is in 4 days...I will be waiting for your posts to follow your progress😄

iwantthis
on 8/16/15 4:01 pm - Canada

congrats ur now on the losers bbench i hope u have a speedy recovery 

E_Saenz
on 8/16/15 5:04 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I too had my VGS on August 12Th. And have been feeling better everyday and am still weak too so I think were on track.

Elia Maria Saenz

lucimarie
on 8/17/15 11:22 am

August 12th for me too!  Recovery is more difficult than I expected but getting easier everyday.  I also stopped pain meds on the 15th more because I don't like the way they make me feel.  Pretty much just taking tylenol.  I've had a cough brought on by anesthesia.  That has been the most difficult part for me so far.  Coughing hurts!  And it's also opened up a couple of my incisions. :(   Only allowed protein drinks for first 3 weeks.  It seems like cold drinks hurt and cause instant gas bubbles as soon as it hits my stomach.  Live and learn on a daily basis!

Looking forward to seeing where this journey will take me.

Kelly L.
on 8/18/15 10:07 am

Welcome to the losers bench!!