Any suggestions on what to drink?

Chilipepper
on 8/16/15 7:25 am

Powerade zero

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

E_Saenz
on 8/16/15 9:55 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Lemon lime sf jello crystal light raspberry lemonade lemon lime Gatorade sf popsicles fruit 2 O

Elia Maria Saenz

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/15 11:13 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

You can try Frozen strawberries or mint leaves, slices of lemon or lime or cucumber slices, aside from the normal Crystal lights etc. 

Kelly L.
on 8/18/15 10:02 am

I love my diet green tea citrus, not too fruity.   The fruity drink mixes got old for me.   I am addicted now.

Pokemom
on 8/19/15 8:12 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Great post with so many good ideas.

I used to drink a LOT of water...I loved the taste of the water in my town.  My dad, when he comes to visit, often has a big old drink of water and says, "there is nothing as good as the ater here!"  So, I never thought I would have trouble drinking enough water after surgery!  BUT, it does not taste the same to me anymore (kind of metallic), and the coldness bothers me.  It has gotten a little better over time, but still is a challenge.

So now, I drink a lot of herb teas.  I do not drink green or black, just the herbal/fruit blends.  There are some really wonderful ones at Teavana. I love  the citrus/lavendar/sage, dragonfriit devotion, and the peach tranquility. Also the brands Tazo and Good Earth have some great pouch teas.  I also gather wild mint leaves and brew fresh mint tea!  So good.

I also like beef broth and usually have a warm cup every day in the morning.  Sometimes I add gelatin.  Pacific brand is the beef broth  I really like.  Swanson is all right.  Some brands are yucky!

i also really like this stuff called Crio Bru.  It is roasted, ground cocoa beans that you brew like coffee in a French press.  Really nice chocolate flavor.  I add a little unsweetened soy milk, sometimes a little coconut milk.  This is nice warm or iced, and seems like a real treat.

Finally, like someone else wrote above, I juice cucumbers, especially right now when we have too many in our garden to eat..  I like cucumber juice best with some celery added.

MaronitaMay
on 8/21/15 12:11 am

Like AuntB15, I also you the drink mix packets.  There are a variety of flavors out there.  I've gotten them at Walmart, Kmart, Family Dollar, and Dollar Tree.  Each place seems to have different flavors and all the places seem to charge one dollar.  CVS, Walgreens, etc also sells them, however they are much more expensive there.