Anesthesia & Multiple Procedures

Felicity Q.
on 8/12/15 3:29 pm
DS on 09/28/15

Hello Friends!

Just a quick question to see if anyone has a similar experience.

I have a few things going on in regards to my health - I am submitted for approval for my RNY revision, I am seeing an eye surgeon regarding cataract removal, and I am soon to have an all-in-one 'sedation' dentistry appointment to get multiple teeth issues fixed at once.  All of them are going to require some amount of anesthesia/sedation.

In an ideal situation (in my mind) I will be able to:

1 - Have my RNY revision first, and take my ~3 weeks of company-paid Disability Leave (horray for getting to use a benefit I have paid for forever but never used).

2- Have my cataract surgery during those 3 weeks while I am already out of work and taking it easy.

3- Schedule my sedation dentistry appointment near the end of those 3 weeks so again, no additional time off from work.

I understand it might contribute to the misery factor; being potentially sore from RNY surgery and then mouth pain and eye gunk... I was curious if anyone has had multiple procedures in other areas of the body done around the same time?  Have you ever been asked to wait a certain amount of time between General Anesthesia and other medical/dental work?

Everything is looking to naturally fall in line around the same month without my intervention/advance planning, but I figured some stories or advice might help me be better prepared for what the doctors might say!

Thanks in advance!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

akanikkie
on 8/12/15 5:25 pm
VSG on 04/27/15

I had cataract surgery in November and then in December of 2014.  My VSG was at the end of April 2015.  I let my WLS clinic know about the cataract surgery and they didn't seem to be concerned, nor was the Anesthesiologist.  As always, I'd consult with your doctors just in case they have a concern.  Best wishes!

HW: 448; SW: 376; CW: 321

Felicity Q.
on 8/12/15 9:28 pm
DS on 09/28/15

Thanks for the reply - I'll of course let all parties know about the others. Just looking to see if anyone else had a similar experience.

Thanks again!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13