New member to this forum

kikikerndon
on 8/11/15 5:42 pm - OFallon, IL

Hello all, I appreciate the support  I am 13 days post op.  I was told before surgery that I would not be hungry post op.   I am constantly hungry.  I hope this resolves.  Has anyone else felt this way?

Kathy S.
on 8/11/15 8:21 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations!

One of the hardest things to learn is the difference between physical hunger and head hunger.  We did a search for articles that have posted here on OH about Head Hunger.  Check them out and if you need anything else, let us know.

Head Hunger Articles

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Hislady
on 8/11/15 8:46 pm - Vancouver, WA

Also the nerves in your stomach were cut when they did the surgery so you won't feel anything until those reconnect and that can take a couple of months so you can't trust anything you are feeling from that area. That is why it is so very important to stick to the amounts your surgeon gave you and measure them out very carefully!

Valerie G.
on 8/12/15 12:08 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Also make sure your hunger isn't really thirst.  Gurgles are often quite normal and may sound and feel like hunger pangs.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/15 1:44 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I was super hungry starting the day after surgery. Getting in more fluids helped somewhat, but I didn't stop feeling constantly hungry until I got to the soft food stage at week 4. At 3 months now, I'm a bottomless pit for the things I shouldn't eat anyway (like crackers or popcorn), but I'm full on less than 2 oz. of roasted chicken. It took dense protein for me to first feel like I'd had surgery at all, and it's a good reminder that that's what I need to be prioritizing anyway.