3 Month Surgeriversary

WereYorkie
on 8/10/15 10:10 pm
VSG on 05/11/15

Well, today was my 3 month post-op day. I didn't make my personal goal of being under 250. I was 291 the morning of my surgery. I weighed myself this morning--254.2. GAH! So close. I'm not going to beat myself up about it though. Last week, I went to a local thrift store and found a pair of size 24 jeans--no elastic waistband, no stretchy material. I put them on with the attitude of "I know these aren't going to fit, but let's see if I can get them over my a$$."

O.M.G.... they didn't just fit... THEY ZIPPED UP!! I nearly started crying in the dressing room!

Weight loss has been a bear at times, but I do not regret my decision for surgery. A year ago, I was visiting my Aunties and going to a wedding. I was 340 pounds, could barely breathe, snored so loudly that I scared them all, my blood pressure was out of control, and let's face... I was dying. 

I'm 14.2 pounds from losing 100 pounds (both pre and post op combined) and I can't wait to see what the next three months, six months, and year offer me.  

Highest Weight: 340 (7/2/14)  Initial Consult: 327.8 (2/24/15) Home Weigh In on Surgery Date: 291.8 (5/11/15) Today's Weight: 187.4 (5/20/16) Total So Far: 152.6 Pounds!!!!!!

"There's only us. There's only this... forget regret. Or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today."

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/11/15 4:01 am

Congratulations!!! You're doing great !!! Keep it up.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 8/11/15 5:39 am - Warren, OH

At almost eight years out I do not remember what I weighed on any particular day during the weight loss phase.  Think of this as your last weight loss journey and when you reach your final goal you now have a tool to help you stay there for life.  Continue to set personal goals but always keep your eye on the long term prize and current positive outcome.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Doublewide66
on 8/11/15 6:54 am
RNY on 03/13/15

Keep up the great work 😎

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 8/11/15 11:55 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I realize and remember how important goals with numbers are following WLS.  The first 25, the first 50, the first month, the second month, etc.  I still track what I weigh every Monday, and weigh myself every day.  Just don't let yourself get too obsessive because if you fail to meet a self-imposed goal, you don't want it to throw you into a downward spiral.

It sounds like you're doing great!  Moving into smaller size clothing is a big NSV.  Keep up the great work!  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220