count down to liquid diet Aug 10

Kerrie M.
on 8/18/15 7:51 am
RNY on 08/24/15

How is your liquid diet going for you?  I started my liquid diet on the 10th as well.  The first week I worked concessions at our local county fair.  I was kinda shocked that I was only really tempted once, and it was for some pulled pork, lol.  I had to go to my car for about 20 minutes, and I cried.  Yesterday was the worst day for me so far.  I felt like I was starving, and my stomach just felt horrible.  I found that I struggle during meal times for my kids, and have told my hubby that I need to remove myself from the temptation during meals, whether I just take a shower, relax in the tub, go to the gym....I can't be sitting and watching everyone eat cause right now, hot dogs smell like a gourmet meal   On the plus side, I'm sticking to it!  My surgery is scheduled for august 24th!

Rita I.
on 8/20/15 9:34 am - Canada

Hi kerrie,

Sorry for the late reply. OMG the first week I was so sick to my stomach- it was horrible. Then when i woke up Sat morning and I was fine. Physically I'm not hungry but mentally I'm starving- lol. I personally think for me it was the sugar withdrawal that made me feel so bad. When I think about the liquid diet I think of is as a blessing and a way to restart my taste buds and my body for what lies ahead with the change in diet. I want only healthy foods now and that this detox is going to set me on the right track.

Are you excited about your surgery only a few days away? i wish you all the best and sending you positive energy for a speedy recovery. Please keep us all posted.

Orientation @TWH Nov 24, 2014 // Surgery @ TWH Aug 31, 2015